CFP...is it working?

mmbbc

Couple
Real Person
Gold Member
From
OH, US
That being said.

As a buckeye born and bred, we are very happy to be in it this year. We very much feel for Penn state not getting in. They remind us a lot of how ohio state played when they won the 1st cfp championship...ie. lost, got to clicking and won it all.
We would like to see an 8 team play off in the future. 4 ranked 1 thru 4 in the west and 4 ranked 1 thru 4 in the east.
Thoughts?

I agree with that... I'm a big Ten fan.... and it wasn't that long ago that the sec got all the attention... it always seems that the right and left coasts get the publicity.... for the past couple years the big 10 has dominated! Wash for one has not played that strong a schedule.... and I think pen state should have been there.... even Mich should have had a shot they had what 2 loses?.... and barely lost both games!... although I do agree I think Ohio State has a better "shelf" of players and stands the best chance of beating alab.... damn I want to see Al lose so bad!
they have a good team and good coach... but right now they are making it look way to easy... maybe they will get a little cocky and lose

and I'm not thrilled with Iowa playing Florida.... hell for Fl that's pretty much a home game.... but the big ten did get what 9 teams in bowl games

Last edited:
Yes. The big ten did put quite a few teams into bowl games. A few too many "participation" bowls maybe but, hey, more football is always good. I'm looking forward to Wisconsin and western "state up north" playing in the cotton bowl. Alabama is scary good on defense this year. They are not unbeatable. Glad that that there is finally a play off in place but, an 8 team cfp would have made for a few more interesting match ups! Baby steps I guess.

Boston Col vs Maryland on the 26th
Minn vs Wash State on the 27th
Northwestern vs pit on the 28th
Utah vs Indiana also on the 28th
Nebraska and Tenn on the 30th
Florida St vs Mich also on the 30th
Ohio St vs Clemson on the 31st
Florida vs Iowa on the 2nd
western Mich vs Wisconson also on the 2nd
penn st vs USC also on the 2nd
damn that's 9 teams!

Did I leave anyone out?.... big ten did good in getting teams there!... glad to see Okl didn't get to cry their way in this year! but they were trying!

Lol! I think that about covers it! Okl played well down the stretch. That helped ohio state. We will watch every and all the bowl games that we can. The only time better than bowl season is the start of the regular season!

That being said.

As a buckeye born and bred, we are very happy to be in it this year. We very much feel for Penn state not getting in. They remind us a lot of how ohio state played when they won the 1st cfp championship...ie. lost, got to clicking and won it all.
We would like to see an 8 team play off in the future. 4 ranked 1 thru 4 in the west and 4 ranked 1 thru 4 in the east.
Thoughts?

I agree with that... I'm a big Ten fan.... and it wasn't that long ago that the sec got all the attention... it always seems that the right and left coasts get the publicity.... for the past couple years the big 10 has dominated! Wash for one has not played that strong a schedule.... and I think pen state should have been there.... even Mich should have had a shot they had what 2 loses?.... and barely lost both games!... although I do agree I think Ohio State has a better "shelf" of players and stands the best chance of beating alab.... damn I want to see Al lose so bad!
they have a good team and good coach... but right now they are making it look way to easy... maybe they will get a little cocky and lose

and I'm not thrilled with Iowa playing Florida.... hell for Fl that's pretty much a home game.... but the big ten did get what 9 teams in bowl games

I'm going to start a thread about the national championship game.

Back