Best camera set-up for filming

CuckCpl4BBC

Couple
Real Person
Gold Member
From
IL, US
Seeking recommendations from those with experience filming themselves. We are looking for a camera to use for our play sessions. Nothing for commercial use. Something to capture the natural scene, without special lighting, just the Mrs. in all her glory getting worked good. One of the important things to us is sound. Needs to be easy for her to set-up on her own for capturing solo outings. Thinking something compact that can fit in her purse. All feedback and knowledge welcome.

I use my phone the IPhone 8 Plus. It has the ability to change from 1080p to 4K 30fps is bout high as I would go if you decide. It’s as bout as close to live tv as you’ll get. Now if you have a tripod Nikon makes a good one and cannon of course does...

If sound is important you should use a shotgun mic. There are a variety in size and price, check B&H Rhode and Nikon make good small ones for under $150. As for camera, if you want good video and sound I would recommend Nikon or Canon dslr cameras. You don’t have to go high end, but then you have a camera to take family and vacation pics

phones are cool for a pinch but if you care about your work I would say DSLR because large sensor so you get get more in the shot and they will look better. Problem is hard to work with unless someone is playing cameraperson or a tripod

phones are cool for a pinch but if you care about your work I would say DSLR because large sensor so you get get more in the shot and they will look better. Problem is hard to work with unless someone is playing cameraperson or a tripod
Phone it is

If your using any unmaned camera it’s just a mater of setting up a basic shot that covers the action. If you want a closer shot you can digitally zoom in in the edit process

or get someone that knows what they are doing to shoot for you.
Me just an Emmy, Telly and other national and international award winning professional

If your using any unmaned camera it’s just a mater of setting up a basic shot that covers the action. If you want a closer shot you can digitally zoom in in the edit process

or get someone that knows what they are doing to shoot for you.
Me just an Emmy, Telly and other national and international award winning professional

Thanks for the input. One approach I was considering was a GoPro or DJI Osmos action cam with an external mic. Thought maybe this approach may allow live viewing as well. I will keep using iPhone for short vids and pics but want something else to cover the whole scene. If I let her cover solo trips with her phone I will get a couple pics and a short vid at best - and let’s be honest most cucks need more than that lol. She wants to something she can set-up quick and then forget about it and focus her attention on her special friends.

Seeking recommendations from those with experience filming themselves. We are looking for a camera to use for our play sessions. Nothing for commercial use. Something to capture the natural scene, without special lighting, just the Mrs. in all her glory getting worked good. One of the important things to us is sound. Needs to be easy for her to set-up on her own for capturing solo outings. Thinking something compact that can fit in her purse. All feedback and knowledge welcome.
I use a canon T6 rebel with a mini boom mic clipped on standing on my Olympia tripod... the preview screen flips and turns so you can see everything your doing and I usually jus put it on Video unless I’m recording someone else then I get technical with lights and all

Anyone familiar with DJI Osmos Action cam? Similar to GoPro but with second screen on the front so you can see what is in frame.

Anyone familiar with DJI Osmos Action cam? Similar to GoPro but with second screen on the front so you can see what is in frame.
To me action cams audio is not clear as it could be. I’m big on the iPhones with 4K recording. It’s the nicest I’ve seen with any camera

Back