Beautiful places you have ever visited or lived...

Lived in the Great Smokies mountains for many years growing up ... most beautiful place I've ever seen.
Trout streams you can ******* from ... rolling mountains unspoiled by fires, trash ... lots of foliage, beautiful in the FALL ... no traffic sounds, fast food joints every 500 yards, etc. No smog! Lakes still have big bullfrogs & tree frogs which are awesome to hear at night after a rain. The "true" smell of pure, fresh air ... nothing like it. So many people have never experienced this.
Its worth getting a travel guide and checking it out. They have some awesome walking trails laid out for 1-5 days of walking & camping.
Someday, my ashes will be scattered at the trout streams I use to fish as a boy.

Last edited:
Actually been to CA many times and think its one of the most scenic and beautiful states in the entire country. Sad it just wasnt run better.

Actually been to CA many times and think its one of the most scenic and beautiful states in the entire country. Sad it just wasnt run better.
I’ve lived in Northern California Bay Area for 32 years and it still is the most beautiful spectacular place to live. 4 seasons, they are each distinct and 3 months long! Diversity of culture, the vibe, the people, the wine,...nothing beats it.

I’ve lived in Northern California Bay Area for 32 years and it still is the most beautiful spectacular place to live. 4 seasons, they are each distinct and 3 months long! Diversity of culture, the vibe, the people, the wine,...nothing beats it.
Except the cost. Lol

Lived in the Great Smokies mountains for many years growing up ... most beautiful place I've ever seen.
Trout streams you can ******* from ... rolling mountains unspoiled by fires, trash ... lots of foliage, beautiful in the FALL ... no traffic sounds, fast food joints every 500 yards, etc. No smog! Lakes still have big bullfrogs & tree frogs which are awesome to hear at night after a rain. The "true" smell of pure, fresh air ... nothing like it. So many people have never experienced this.
Its worth getting a travel guide and checking it out. They have some awesome walking trails laid out for 1-5 days of walking & camping.
Someday, my ashes will be scattered at the trout streams I use to fish as a boy.

Did you ever tickle a trout mac?

????? I'll bite ... what are you referring too, the covid virus has fogged my brain right now.
Tickling trout is a way of catching them without rod and line. You find a trout under a root or whatever and very very slowly and gently put your hands down and tickle the belly with very soft strokes. They go into a trance and can be grabbed and pulled out onto the bank for dinner 👍

It is illegal in the UK to do this because it is very effective and the fly fishermen don't like it 😁

Edit: it is done in America too

Last edited:
gif_Arrow-up.gif ............. NO, to both posts, Subby.

Tickling trout ... that's BS! I've done a lot of trout fishing in my time and I can seriously say, you'll "tickle" none of the trout I fish for ... browns & rainbows. They're not that cordial here, I guess. Gesh!

View attachment 3845720 ............. NO, to both posts, Subby.

Tickling trout ... that's BS! I've done a lot of trout fishing in my time and I can seriously say, you'll "tickle" none of the trout I fish for ... browns & rainbows. They're not that cordial here, I guess. Gesh!
Well I suppose it depends on the river. What you're looking for are rivers with overhanging trees and roots and large rocks in the water margins.
I have done a fair bit of trout fishing in Wales, but I do other types of fishing too.

Never been to the states but this is one of the places I want to visit when I do 👍

Back