A Message To Fellow Doms: Aftercare

Peter Skyles

Male
Real Person
From
OK, US
I wanted to address the concept of aftercare. I've been in the lifestyle a bit over 9 years now. Most of which I've spent as the Dominant play partner. Most of that 9 years I've spent in a kink ecosystem I've created myself without really reaching into the traditional kink community to play or meet partners. As I've started to explore and meet new people in the lifestyle, I've realized aftercare is severely overlooked and dismissed. Aftercare is a paramount portion to the dom/sub dynamic and play sessions in general. During play sessions, especially extreme ones that deal with pain and body restriction generate tons of dopamine and emotion. It's creates a chemical roller-coaster if you will. Similar to a ******* high. While that's what we all mostly love about the kink life and why we do it. It comes with real responsibility to ensure your partner/partners properly come down from that high in a way that works for them. Some people, surprisingly enough, want to be totally left alone and not touched after a play session. Some people need to be heavily embraced/cuddled, talked to, and reassured. Aftercare is most definitely placed on a spectrum and is specific to the person/partner. My point is that is must be discussed and never ignored for those that require it. Giving aftercare its proper attention will only help the dynamic between you and your play partners and strengthen that bond.

Thanks for attending my Kink Talk,

Peter Skyles

Back