A lil humor today!

Actually, the term "Jew" in the time of Jesus, meant someone descended from the tribe of Judah... Jesus was technically a "Jew", as He was, in fact, a descendant of the tribe of Judah.
That is not in issue...Be it accurate or not. What is in issue is that "Jackmeoff" posted that Jesus was white because he was jew. That is irrelevant for the reasons I've already stated. However, to repeat myself any race or color can be Jewish. Jewish is a religion not a race or color. Anyone who practices that religion is Jewish. Also just for the record it is historically inaccurate to posit Jesus as a person of non color.

That is not in issue...Be it accurate or not. What is in issue is that "Jackmeoff" posted that Jesus was white because he was jew. That is irrelevant for the reasons I've already stated. However, to repeat myself any race or color can be Jewish. Jewish is a religion not a race or color. Anyone who practices that religion is Jewish. Also just for the record it is historically inaccurate to posit Jesus as a person of non color.
Isn't "white" a descriptor created in modern times that would exclude MENA people (Middle East North African) anyway?
Either way, to call him "white" is erroneous.

It's a religion and and ethnicity.
And, ethnicity is not race. You can be from the same area and share the same culture of religion, customs, norms and heritage. Spain has several ethnicities, as does familiar places like the UK, or Mexico.
I guess Spain is not unfamiliar. I should have said Ethiopia or Nigeria, or Kenya.
Places where we see people are of the same race but different ethnicities.

Back