June Coronavirus Surge

smartbbc

Male
Gold Member
Cases increased over 25% in many states during the last week. What are your thoughts about the spike/surge? How has the virus changed your life?

Isn't changing it much as the new normal for us is (a) isolate as much as possible (grocery/Menard's shopping and take-out food are pretty much our only outings) and (b) no involvement in the Lifestyle (miss it, but not going to return until all this is over).

Ok, one big change is not traveling/vacationing. We miss that like crazy (last night we were both sitting in the living room looking at travel deals on our phones).

The situation was already worrisome - now its worse with this growing spike (which is happening here to a huge extent but also in Europe).

Get over it, don't let the media drive you crazy, if your not already nuts! Yes the numbers are going up because more people are getting tested. Here is the thing no one in the media is telling you 98.8 percent of people who get the virus completely recover. If you don't have a serious underlying medical condition you have nothing to worry about. You may have already had it and don't know it. Get a grip!

Get over it, don't let the media drive you crazy, if your not already nuts! Yes the numbers are going up because more people are getting tested. Here is the thing no one in the media is telling you 98.8 percent of people who get the virus completely recover. If you don't have a serious underlying medical condition you have nothing to worry about. You may have already had it and don't know it. Get a grip!
OMG, Tell that to the people who are burying family, you may not yourself be in a high risk category but you can still spread to someone who is, what a selfish statement, and the media tell us the stats and yes we do know the majority recover and the current number is 94.8% not 98% which is a huge difference if you have any empathy for the poor souls dying, nearly half a million souls to be exact! how can you say get a grip!

The surge is very worrying, and yes there is a very fine line between health and economics, one effects the other, but we can make a slow, safe reopening of business and social activities if we all are careful and follow the "expert" advice, if we flout advice and ignore the problem things will never improve.

Some of the dumbest ******* I've seen on here. I am in healthcare. The damage to the lungs of a survivor is insane. You are looking at a 20% diminishing of lung capacity. Please people, be smart about this. Do not listen to ignorant posters like the above. Not worth it.

OMG, Tell that to the people who are burying family, you may not yourself be in a high risk category but you can still spread to someone who is, what a selfish statement, and the media tell us the stats and yes we do know the majority recover and the current number is 94.8% not 98% which is a huge difference if you have any empathy for the poor souls dying, nearly half a million souls to be exact! how can you say get a grip!

See it all the time. People saying how they're ill with something but they're going to carry on working and shopping as normal. No thought that the person next to them may be in danger from them even if they themselves feel just a bit under the weather. Still, I see the same with car drivers, no thought for the endangering of others.

Take sensible precautions. It's not exactly unduly limiting. I run the risk of shopping for groceries. If I get it I endanger my family but I also won't be spreading it widely and randomly because I'm not going to the hot new bar in town and snogging randoms in the persuit of unnecessary and youtube-ish "please won't someone look at me, pleeeeeeease" gratification.

Now, what did it do with that *rant off* button.

Some of the dumbest ******* I've seen on here. I am in healthcare. The damage to the lungs of a survivor is insane. You are looking at a 20% diminishing of lung capacity. Please people, be smart about this. Do not listen to ignorant posters like the above. Not worth it.
This.

Once lung damage is done, there's no undoing it.

I've had respiratory issues since childhood and have been hospitalized for pneumonia and bronchitis multiple times, I don't really know what it's like to breathe properly. From what I've read we aren't building natural immunity to covid so it can keep hitting you again and again, in theory, diminishing your lung capacity each time.

Even if you don't give a ******* about following proper practices to protect the most vulnerable, you should care that you're doing long term damage to essential organs regardless of whether or not you recover.

In the healthcare industry also asshole, we have seen no evidence of long term effects on 98% of those who have had the virus. What kind of ******* are you smoking

In the healthcare industry also asshole, we have seen no evidence of long term effects on 98% of those who have had the virus. What kind of ******* are you smoking
You are an idiot. Where i am from DC thru NY, we are seeing significant long term effects on patients. Not only lung damage but strokes and kidney damage as well. Obviously from some bum fuck town where you have had very little exposure. Luckily, most people on here are intelligent enough to see what a clown you are.

Central Alabama.....says it all. I am done with you. I was told never to expect to have an intelligent convo with someone from Alabama. You have proved the point. Peace out. You get the last word.

If you believe anything that Google throws out as news, there is no hope for you. Lock yourself in a bunker and don't come back out.
The article is from the BBC, if you'd actually bothered to open it. Or hell, even looked slightly to the left to see the BBC logo.

I feel awful for any patients that find themselves unlucky enough to be under your care, your attitude is disgusting.

The article is from the BBC, if you'd actually bothered to open it. Or hell, even looked slightly to the left to see the BBC logo.

I feel awful for any patients that find themselves unlucky enough to be under your care, your attitude is disgusting.
That dude caught a severe case of dumbbitchitis. He won't be woth talking to until he gets his condition treated. Careful though, dumbbitchitis is highly contagious.

I don’t think many countries have handled this as well as the could/should have. New Zealand probably the most well known one to me to how it should’ve been done. Even with the progress made as more begins to relax the more people are pushing the boundaries. I see the arguments for and against lockdowns and restrictions. The truth is this is a new virus and we may not know the full extent of both short and long term effects of it. Unfortunately the economy is coming first before lives with full knowledge some things probably shouldn’t be opening yet and some restrictions probably shouldn’t be as relaxed as they are. However people need to make a living and countries can’t afford their economies to collapse further. Stay safe and adhere to your countries guidelines as much as you possibly can if not be even stricter than your country recommends to be safe, no ones perfect through this and in some occasions this isn’t possible and for your own health is needed to be broken. Hopefully we continue to progress and beat this sooner rather than later whilst never forgetting those who didn’t beat it!

Back