Jamaica

Classyvixen

Couple
From
UK
Arriving in Jamaica on January 25th for a week and staying on 7 mile beach.
Any suggestions where was can safely meet local bbc for vacation fun? Are there any local pick up bars etc?

Yes, we've been there. It's a 2 floor dance club. It appeared to be pretty popular with the locals. I cannot guarantee it's the best place to go, b/c we stayed at Riu, (an all-inclusive resort), and we didn't get out and visit 7 mile beach near enough, so our knowledge is very limited. We did walk most of 7 mile beach during one day, and it appeared there were many other cool looking pubs to meet people on that long stretch of beach. You HAVE to go to Rick's Cafe while you're there! It's great there. You can google Rick's Cafe too.

We stayed in Negril in October for 6 nights at a hotel next to Rick's Cafe. A lot of the poor Caribbean counties do not have adequate supplies of vaccine. I don't know the current status. When we were there locals had to be home at 8 on weeknights and on Saturday 6PM until Monday Morning at 5 AM. They cutting down on people congregating for parties. If that is still the law then only place you can eat on Saturday and Sunday is the restaurant where you are staying. Most of the restaurants and bars were closed. There were no parties at night. The bars were closed.

Occupancy in Negril appeared to be about 10 to 20%. When we checked into Hedonism we had to have another Covid test even though we had a clear test coming into Jamaica. It felt like people felt more secure as a result. When we got to Hedo it was probably 60% occupied, and the party was a little subdued from past years but going strong.

Finding Jamaican guys to play with was not easy. I did get a nice surprise at Hedonism! It's hard to know if things have changed in the last couple of months. Hope you have a great vacation.

Back