How common is "friendly" encounters like this between strangers mostly men

Carl Franklin

Male
Real Person
Gold Member
From
Canada
Yesterday I was at Dundas Square I was talking with group of pro life Catholics and 2 preachers and this man keep up to me and say something about selassie and say to stay away from Catholics and some other stuff. we then talk he talk so fast that i could barely understand him and the area had loud music from protesters there he said he was from my country. and he said he will drive me home. we took the subway to his car and he drive to little Jamaica of toronto. we then go to a barber shop i was tired from out all day and i left. what was strange is that we never exchange cell phone numbers

A similar thing happened back in 2002 one year year after moved to Canada from Jamaica. I was in Jamaica for the Christmas holidays and i was in Montego bay that evening mom and her husband decided to go this bar with live music where the band there was singing other people's songs. so i left to go back to the hotel we were staying. as i was walking back. this man and his friend who drive a car ask me to go with them to a strip club. i was like HUH? you are asking somebody you know to go with you to a strip club? i refuse to go with them repeatedly and i walk away.

is this a thing common about all men of all races or only among black men?

Back