Have you seen Black Panther yet? *SPOILERS*

Saw it last night. They did a good job and kept the Political BS to a min and most of it was in a positive manner.
CGI on the water falls were a bit off, other than that all around good movie. Look forward to the next.

Thought it was one of the more accessible Marvel movies with a great message. The special effects were a bit wonky in places, and the pacing was a tad off... but the costumes, characters and the story line were so entertaining. There was a bit of 007/spy action for a part of the film that I enjoyed a lot. Just a very well well textured movie.
Daniel Kaluuya (W'Kabi) from Get Out and a lesser-know BBC series called The Fades is one of my favorite actors and he was great in it.
Also curious if Letitia Wright (Shuri) will come into her own as Black Panther as she did in the comics.
Cannot understand why so many people feel the need to poke at this film with racist intent or dampen other people's enjoyment.

Last edited:
Wakanda Forever.

Saw the ******* twice in 3 days with two different groups of women. ******* was like a real BlackPanther party -lol. Probably go see it once more in 3D. Loved it - fuck them aliens (Thor, Galaxy Guardians) just fighting robots and aliens. Bout time we got a down to earth hero fighting against real personal issues and being a great example of how a real leader being in charge of a country with an abundance of resources could use it to help other people instead of just putting up walls and turning its back against helping others.

#killmongerwasright

Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 2.09.58 AM.png

Wakanda Forever.

Saw the ******* twice in 3 days with two different groups of women. ******* was like a real BlackPanther party -lol. Probably go see it once more in 3D. Loved it - fuck them aliens (Thor, Galaxy Guardians) just fighting robots and aliens. Bout time we got a down to earth hero fighting against real personal issues and being a great example of how a real leader being in charge of a country with an abundance of resources could use it to help other people instead of just putting up walls and turning its back against helping others.

#killmongerwasright

View attachment 1723708
Yes he was my friend. And Disney still tricked people to buy tickets.

I found the movie completely STUPID but then all of the superhero movies are..........what I don't get is why more Blacks are not completely and totally OFFENDED by a movie that portrays you AGAIN as spear-chuckers riding on rhinos around the jungle who use ******* to produce super powers and Jimi Hendrix-like purple haze dreams!! Am I truly the only person that see's this as going backward DECADES from where we have progressed......I guess it is worth mentioning I grew up in the late 50's, 60's and 70's......but this was honestly for me like watching a well funded Tarzan movie. That said, this is the ONLY one I stayed awake thru...... but then I had food in front of me, a 25 yo niece sucking on a straw in an empty pop cup and refusing to refill it (this should have the death penalty assigned to it as punishment), and a 500 lb usher who FACEPLANTED when her tremendous weight overcame her muscular capability when she slipped a step on the stairs and COLLAPSED and slid (oozed!!) down the entire staircase before coming to rest when gravity gave up and level ground interceded. Enjoyable evening and a TERRIBLER movie......but the movie only cost me $5 too!! Only redeeming quality.

WAKANDA FOREVER & LONG LIVE KING T'CHALLA THE BLACK PANTHER
1520181689453.png

Yes he was my friend. And Disney still tricked people to buy tickets.
Lol - this was a movie produced and made for entertainment and profit first above all else. We live in a capitalistic country, the film is a product and distribution from a capitalistic company and nothing produced by Hollywood is done without Revenue and after expenses for filming, marketing what have you BIG PROFITs being factored in. Basic Economics = Production + Distribution + Consumption, thats all its that simple.

In that context Disney didn't put the hype machine into effect the way it did with the Star Wars franchise and it still outdid Star Wars Last Jedi opening weekend sales which is impressive. Also I was happy in a time where Black films don't get green-lit by Hollywood nor a sizeable production budget that this film with a Black Director, Black Writer, primarily Black Cast, Black music scoring, Black soundtrack, and they had artistic liberty without it being watered down too much by the Disney overseers that it was a economic success to me.

So for Black directors, writers, actors, musicians and the argument that Hollywood makes about Black films not being materially profitable nor do black consumers support their films this movie was a HUGE success in that context which blows-up their whole argument and now should have Hollywood re-examining their formula for financing black movies and giving black people work in that Economic business.

But you and I should have a talk in real life @Orion Pax as I'm very much interested in hearing first hand your POV on things with seeing alot of the comments you make on this site. Nothing negative, you just have an interesting view point and I think I understand and can relate with it. However I'm just not so direct and try to be somewhat diplomatic on the NET about these things. Bottom-line: I get where your coming from and admire it. You seem like Killmonger or Mubaka for real for real and I can dig it (I respect that). :bigsmile:

I found the movie completely STUPID but then all of the superhero movies are..........what I don't get is why more Blacks are not completely and totally OFFENDED by a movie that portrays you AGAIN as spear-chuckers riding on rhinos around the jungle who use ******* to produce super powers and Jimi Hendrix-like purple haze dreams!! Am I truly the only person that see's this as going backward DECADES from where we have progressed......I guess it is worth mentioning I grew up in the late 50's, 60's and 70's......but this was honestly for me like watching a well funded Tarzan movie. That said, this is the ONLY one I stayed awake thru...... but then I had food in front of me, a 25 yo niece sucking on a straw in an empty pop cup and refusing to refill it (this should have the death penalty assigned to it as punishment), and a 500 lb usher who FACEPLANTED when her tremendous weight overcame her muscular capability when she slipped a step on the stairs and COLLAPSED and slid (oozed!!) down the entire staircase before coming to rest when gravity gave up and level ground interceded. Enjoyable evening and a TERRIBLER movie......but the movie only cost me $5 too!! Only redeeming quality.

lol, @JNBABE. Ok everyone is entitled to their perspective and opinion and we all view the world through a different set of optic lens and that reflects off of our own personal preconceived ideas, biases, memories, pain-points (sensitivities we have emotionally from our experiences) about things in life and the world. You to state "... you don't get why more Blacks are not completely and totally OFFENDED by a move that portrays you AGAIN as spear-chuckers ....etc." is an interesting statement.

Please read what I write here as no critique on you personally and you shouldn't take it that way but only as a discourse (exchange of ideas) on the points you brought up. The following is my view-point (my perspective and perception through my optics) as one of the so-called "BLACKs" which I find offensive as a term and the way its used especially from someone non-Black about a group's portrayal in media. We will come back to that later, but first off lets view the film using cognitive dissonance and not bringing our passionate personal feelings into it. To me the proverbial statement "you miss the forest for focusing in on the trees" applies here with the statement you made.

In viewing the film from a non-objective lens and mental framework: it was about a fictional comic book character who is a man that was the ******* of an African King that ruled over a country that built on top of one of the most unique natural minerals found through-out the world only in that nation. In Africa do the people not live in lands that have an abundance of the most natural minerals found on earth (uranium, cobalt, diamond, gold, Bauxite, Aluminun, Copper, etc.) spears, Rhinos among other magnificent amazing larger creatures, live in dense forestry areas which are referred to by some people as jungles and within those ares of dense forestry are so many plants, flowers, and other vegetation that are used all around the world for medicinal healing purposes?

A good video to watch is "Out of Africa: Minerals that make the world go around":
ref: http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/25/world/africa/africa-resources-fuel-world/index.html

Screen Shot 2018-03-04 at 12.24.53 PM.png

However this nation of Black people called the Wakandans from this comic book which has parallels to real life where able to harness the natural resources found in their homeland to enhance their nation to develop all types of scientific, and technological break-through enhancements which to list a few are as follows:
  • Shield and hide their country among the forestry using optical illusion to make it appear invisible (that scientists have worked on actually developing such TECH)
  • Create magnetic transportation ships and trains (which scientists are working on and actually developed such TECH)
  • Use the minerals such the "vibranium" to enhance their weapons (i.e. spears, shields, masks, body armor, etc.) (which again scientist are working on...)
  • Cultivate the animals found in their lands and be able to command them for their own purposes (i.e. Rhinos) no different than as humans have domesticated wolves for dogs, wild horses into horses and donkeys for transportation and farming, what have you. Roman's celebrate the great African War General Hannibal and his tactics are still taught in Military Schools such as West-Point on how he conquered lower Europe on Elephants. Again this is a nod-to African greatness - not a bad thing or a slight.
  • Cultivation of the plants to use for mind-altering experiences or to heal.
    • In the film, the plants that were used were a result of mutation from the Vibranium. In African and Native American cultures they emphasize communication and reverence to their ancestors. In the film they drew off this cultural tradition in which they used the mutated vibranium plants to communicate with their ancestors and just gave the sky a purple haze.
    • In addition, when T'Challa's mom, Sister, and lover found him in the Man-Ape nation after he lost the battle with Killmonger it was this same plant which his Queen mom used following the tradition of an African/Native American Shaman to crush it up and use it as a medicine which helped to revive the Black Panter and he was also able to communicate with his ancestors once more and be resurrected. Jesus - Mary resurrection story parallels.
    • A good reference for this also is to check out the book "The Teachings of Don Juan..." which is one I read in college and was a mind-trip also about a guy doing field research with a Native American Tribe, consuming the wild plants, and mushrooms they gathered out in the desert plains with the Yaqui Shaman and the wild journeys they had which have similarities in this film. Also notice the flowers and colors on the cover of the book and the purple haze in the background to the sky):
Screen Shot 2018-03-04 at 12.02.59 PM.png

As a Black person I was sensitive when watching the film to see how Black people, African people may be stereotyped, castigated, fear-mongering played up which I didn't overly see in the film. There was no swinging from a vine, a white-man being the only one who can talk to an ape, and saving the Black people (well there was a little bit of that but they had to balance out the film for the white audience so I give them a pass on it), but overall I didn't see any of the problems you brought up in the film about the portrayal of Black people and any regressive effects setting our progress back decades. I did have one friend who happens to be Black who pointed out his single issue with the film was that the 'white boy' had to come in and save the day 'AGAIN'.

So its funny how someone white and someone Black has two different pain-points they bring up from their personal and emotional sensitives about their optics on the film. Again I didn't have any personal issue or problems with the optics of the CIA Agent character in the film who is also a great actor in the BBC Sherlock series as well as the Hobbit films that I love.

However let me put you on to something that you stated does offend so-called "BLACKs" which is the use of that term that does 'NOT' fit what we look like nor who we are and I'm only using it as you've brought it up. When I hear and see the word I sense there is a negative connotation associated with it being that the person using is taking some morally superior position or how they are above the group whom they want to wide-blanket label everyone as fitting into that jar as up-holding certain beliefs. There is an absolute certainity behind it ('The Blacks") and no reasoning nor rationality that people are not monolithic and don't all think or feel the same way such as not all of the 'WHITEs' support Neo-Nazi, ALT-RIGHT, white supremacy beliefs and have a superiority complex. See where I'm coming from?

If you hold a black crayon up next to a so-called 'Black' person does it match 'ALL' of their shade of skin? Does the same apply for a white crayon against 'ALL' of white people. I reject blanket labels hence why I use the verbiage 'so-called' and in many of my writings you see me often try to say in following Dr. MLK's philosophy that you happen to have a friend or association with a person whom you see as a human first and then their outter skin color second. So you have a friend who happens to be black, white, asian or so have you. I see the person/human first and not their color first. I know its a site called 'Black to White', but where else does people who often don't have a chance to mingle and integrate with different skin shades find a social cirlce that enables them to do so? I just so happen to love meeting and having sex with women who happen to be white and also converse with all types of people from all types of walks of life and backgrounds also. Which this site also allows the opportunity for everyone else to do the same with this thread discussion here.

Another good article to look at that cites actual examples of all I have listed above is "All the futuristic technologies in 'Black Panther,' and how close they are to becoming reality":
ref: http://www.businessinsider.com/black-panther-technology-vs-real-life-2018-2

Another good article to check out is "15 things even die-hard fans may have missed in 'Black Panther":
ref: http://www.businessinsider.com/black-panther-hidden-details-didnt-know-2018-2?r=UK&IR=T

I welcome the opportunity to discuss these things here about a film I wholeheartedly enjoyed, thought was inspiring from a scientific and technological as well as female empowering perspectove, and hopefully we all walk away a little more open-minded, and inspired by the film and discussions about it.

~BBB76

Last edited:
I can understand your view point BBB76. But being an advid comic book reader as a baby. I see through B.S. Stan Lee stated this was his second favorite. Comic character he created. I find that rather funny. Being that the early adaption of the black panther was nothing like this one bought to the big screen. And marvel comics have gone down the drain since Disney has put their hands into things. Sales are down. And I wonder why? Read the new black panther comic. And see what the main focus is.

No Killmonger here. I'm just not into predictive programming. I don't watch movies for entertainment value. And I feel the rest of the copper toned race.
I can understand your view point BBB76. But being an advid comic book reader as a baby. I see through B.S. Stan Lee stated this was his second favorite. Comic character he created. I find that rather funny. Being that the early adaption of the black panther was nothing like this one bought to the big screen. And marvel comics have gone down the drain since Disney has put their hands into things. Sales are down. And I wonder why? Read the new black panther comic. And see what the main focus is.

I gotcha my man and I definitely hear you on the "predictive programming" aspect. You can tell from my writings I'm into arm-chair pyschology and I use alot of predictive analysis as applied to mass pyschology in others ways for my own personal business ventures which is a whole other subject.

I haven't read any of the Black Panther comics but I did read and hear on the radio in the D.C. area that Ta-Nehisi Coates was writing for the Black Panther comics and I know of him through his other writings such as with "Between the World in Me", and these articles below which I printed out and gave to alot of people in my family to read that you would probably enjoy as well:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazin...mily-in-the-age-of-mass-incarceration/403246/

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/06/the-case-for-reparations/361631/

I identify with Killmonger alot personally on causes to effects but not necessarily the execution tatic for a solution to our social problems. We need education and economic opportunities we take more under our own control to solve our own problems. Hence another reason why I liked the movie's aspects about Black science and technological inventions. Anyway we'll chop it up bro.

I'm with bigblackbull, Orion Pax and and BBB76. Personally It gives me pride that this film had the usual marvel treatment but paid homage to a characters that represents black men and women in a Positive stance. Both T' challa and Kilmonger were excellent, intelligent and brought up excellent points about how should a resourceful african country should be seen on the world stages. I want more of Wakanda to be presented in the MCU and the origins of the female warriors. Also hearing that Klaus having a mixtape was a good laugh.

1523128842406.png
Black Panther's box office dominance continues to shatter records as the Marvel blockbuster vaulted past Titanic
to become the third highest-grossing film of all time.

Without adjusting for inflation, Black Panther now only sits behind Star Wars: The ******* Awakens ($936 million)
and Avatar ($760 million) on the all-time domestic box office list, according to Box Office Mojo.

View attachment 1805761
Black Panther's box office dominance continues to shatter records as the Marvel blockbuster vaulted past Titanic
to become the third highest-grossing film of all time.

Without adjusting for inflation, Black Panther now only sits behind Star Wars: The ******* Awakens ($936 million)
and Avatar ($760 million) on the all-time domestic box office list, according to Box Office Mojo.

Dam aint that something and now this:

Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 10.12.56 PM.png
  • Marvel's "Black Panther" will become the first movie to be publicly screened in Saudia Arabia following an end to the country's 35-year ban on cinema.
  • Variety reported that the film will screen on April 18 at a new AMC-branded theater in Riyadh, the first theater to open since the country lifted its ban in December 2017, as part of a push for social and economic reform.
  • AMC Entertainment reportedly plans to open 40 cinemas in Saudi Arabia in the next five years, and up to 100 theaters in the country by the year 2030.
  • "Black Panther" entered the top 10 of the highest-grossing films of all time at the worldwide box office this week, bolstered by a strong showing from international markets.
Marvel's "Black Panther" will notch another historic milestone this month, as it is set to become the first movie to be publicly screened in Saudia Arabia following an end to the country's 35-year ban on cinema.

Variety reported that Disney and Italia Film, the studio's Middle East distribution partner, will release "Black Panther" on April 18 at the country's new AMC-branded theater in Riyadh, the first theater to open since the country lifted the ban in December 2017.

ref: http://www.businessinsider.com/black-panther-saudi-arabia-first-movie-following-35-year-ban-2018-4

Oh check this out too - King T'Challa on Jeopardy (the Black Version) absolutely hillarious.

Oh yeah and a girl who happens to be white that works with me told me she's seen Black Panther 3xs so whats the Black people's excuse, you should've seen it at least twice already. Stay woke.

Last edited:
Back