Celebrating Obama's Win

It's easy to spout non-sense about the "liberal agenda" as if there is some monolithic conspiracy afoot. There is no conspiracy, but there are millions of ill-informed and easily confused citizens. Assuming you're not wealthy, it's lucky for you that many of us don't buy into the "malarkey."

I'd suggest you take a look at the record on the economy since the depression and educate yourself as to which side has really made a difference. (Hint: We've fared better under almost every democratic administration and worse under the republicans. That's an indisputable fact in consult reputable sources)

Look at the current administration which I'm sure you detest. The Democrats took over a country in steep decline due to Republican incompetence. (even starting two wars didn't help) Within a few mouths of the election we were in recovery. Now, for 30 some odd months in a row we've had positive movement in private sector job growth. That was accomplished with absolutely no help from the republicans who stood to thwart every effort to get the country back on it's feet. Just think how much quicker the recovery would be without their "help."

I would agree, war is generally good for the economy and it seems to be a favorite tool in the tool box of the republicans. But to really see it for what it is you have to calculate in the value of human lives and the cost of family destruction. If life means anything to you, you'd see war is truly not the answer.

War is never good for an economy in the long run. War kills the youth of a culture, plus most countries go heavily into debt to fight wars and then spend years repaying off the debt. There used to be reparations from the loser but that just transferred the economic mess to a country less able to deal with because the loser generally had the most damaged infra structure.I believe it was the Spartans or the Athenians that said "In peace sons bury fathers, in war fathers bury sons."

I would say that I am relatively well informed. I do find your rhetoric mildly amusing. You assume that because I don't agree with you that I am conservative Republican.I would like to see the Democrats and the Republicans go away. Neither has the interests of the American people in their points of view.

This country has never been out of debt. Until 1938 all the nations debt was due to wars. Roosevelt changed that. This nation current debt is heavily into social programs and entitlements, There are two problems currently with the federal government, they are the Democrats and the Republicans. When the Democrats rammed through the Affordable Health Care act the Speaker Of The House at the time Nancy Pelosi said"We need to pass this to find out what's in it away from the fog of controversy" The piece of legislation that will impact this country more than any other single piece of legislation and their argument is we don't need to know what's in it. Just get is passed and figure things out later.

And don't even get me started on the Republicans and the Tea party.

For the record I voted for Obama the second time around. But not for the reasons you might think. Anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of economics would understand that this country is in deep *******. The current debt is greater that the the Gross Nation Product. If taxes aren't raised there isn't any money to pay for Obamacare and a multitude of other social programs. When taxes are raised there is a really good chance it will tip the economy over into another recession.Either way the country is screwed.

If Obama had lost the mess would have ended up in the Republicans lap. It's a no win. There isn't anything the Federal government can do that is going to fix things. Government has no choice but to grow smaller because there ain't any money to pay for things. Printing more money will spark inflation and if interest rate go up the Fed's are screwed because the only way they can pay the interest for the debt they currently have is if interest rates really low like they are now. But because Obama got re-elected the Democrats are going to get this horse collar hung around their necks. If Obama had lost the Republicans would have got the horse collar. In three years the Democrats could have started squawking about the mess the economy in in. Bill Clinton could point to his record minus a few footnotes and Hillary would have been a shoo in.

I am looking at the serious possibility that a third party will make a run. A lot will depend on the mid term elections

I really don't think Obama figured on getting re-elected. He got what he wanted and now he has to figure out how to pay for it. I think it is funny as Hell. Hillary is pretty much recognized ad the Democrats nominee for 2016 and as soon as the election results are in she bailed. Whatever else Bill Clintons failings might be he did at least have some knowledge of economics and I am sure that as soon as Obama got re-elected he told Hillary to distance herself ASAP from the current administration.

See title. It started as a political blog and remains so.
Oh, so that's what "Celebrating Obama's win by watching sexy white girls fuck big black cocks." means...yeah, like all the follow on posts fit that description exactly...hmmmm...guess I have a different interpretation LOL.

As i clarified earlier, i am not talking about amendments. I am talking about the core set of values that the country was founded on, obviously there are things that happened in the last 237 years since we declared independance that the founders could not have envisioned. I am not talking about those things, it the erosion of the original values and freedoms of this country that are being eroded and changed that i think need to be stopped.

Well you should be damned well concerned about the amendments, as its the original ten (The Bill of Rights) that outlined the rights retained by the governed (We the People) and limited just how much the government can fuck us (The People) over and it is these amendments that provide the core of values that this country was founded on.
The rest of the Constitution has nothing to do with the values that the country was founded on as much as how the government would operate.

Try actually reading the document.

Well you should be damned well concerned about the amendments, as its the original ten (The Bill of Rights) that outlined the rights retained by the governed (We the People) and limited just how much the government can fuck us (The People) over and it is these amendments that provide the core of values that this country was founded on.
The rest of the Constitution has nothing to do with the values that the country was founded on as much as how the government would operate.

Try actually reading the document.[/quote
yes, you just said it, the Original bill of rights i consider part of the constitution, these are the core values i am talking about i am not talking about most of the other amendments that talk about voting and when the president takes office and all that other stuff. And yse i have read the constitution. The election is over Obama a has won but mark my words in four years we will see many freedoms under attack from him, starting with the second amendment, that will be next on his list.

War is never good for an economy in the long run. War kills the youth of a culture, plus most countries go heavily into debt to fight wars and then spend years repaying off the debt. There used to be reparations from the loser but that just transferred the economic mess to a country less able to deal with because the loser generally had the most damaged infra structure.I believe it was the Spartans or the Athenians that said "In peace sons bury fathers, in war fathers bury sons."

I would say that I am relatively well informed. I do find your rhetoric mildly amusing. You assume that because I don't agree with you that I am conservative Republican.I would like to see the Democrats and the Republicans go away. Neither has the interests of the American people in their points of view.

This country has never been out of debt. Until 1938 all the nations debt was due to wars. Roosevelt changed that. This nation current debt is heavily into social programs and entitlements, There are two problems currently with the federal government, they are the Democrats and the Republicans. When the Democrats rammed through the Affordable Health Care act the Speaker Of The House at the time Nancy Pelosi said"We need to pass this to find out what's in it away from the fog of controversy" The piece of legislation that will impact this country more than any other single piece of legislation and their argument is we don't need to know what's in it. Just get is passed and figure things out later.

And don't even get me started on the Republicans and the Tea party.

For the record I voted for Obama the second time around. But not for the reasons you might think. Anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of economics would understand that this country is in deep *******. The current debt is greater that the the Gross Nation Product. If taxes aren't raised there isn't any money to pay for Obamacare and a multitude of other social programs. When taxes are raised there is a really good chance it will tip the economy over into another recession.Either way the country is screwed.

If Obama had lost the mess would have ended up in the Republicans lap. It's a no win. There isn't anything the Federal government can do that is going to fix things. Government has no choice but to grow smaller because there ain't any money to pay for things. Printing more money will spark inflation and if interest rate go up the Fed's are screwed because the only way they can pay the interest for the debt they currently have is if interest rates really low like they are now. But because Obama got re-elected the Democrats are going to get this horse collar hung around their necks. If Obama had lost the Republicans would have got the horse collar. In three years the Democrats could have started squawking about the mess the economy in in. Bill Clinton could point to his record minus a few footnotes and Hillary would have been a shoo in.

I am looking at the serious possibility that a third party will make a run. A lot will depend on the mid term elections

I really don't think Obama figured on getting re-elected. He got what he wanted and now he has to figure out how to pay for it. I think it is funny as Hell. Hillary is pretty much recognized ad the Democrats nominee for 2016 and as soon as the election results are in she bailed. Whatever else Bill Clintons failings might be he did at least have some knowledge of economics and I am sure that as soon as Obama got re-elected he told Hillary to distance herself ASAP from the current administration.

Good point. The country has never been out of debt (that I know of) and it seems to do okay. I agree, debt is a drag on the economy but anyone who thinks this is a new problem has been camping under a rock for the last 40 years. Yes, it's bad. No doubt about that.

I also agree that passing legislation without knowing everything in it seems foolish. However, with the obstructionists at work it was either pass it fast or see it die. Personally, I believe it's time for us to make sure that 43 million fellow
Americans get adequate health care that doesn't bankrupt them. I don't mind paying my share for it. The legislation is not carved in granite. As Pelosi said, we can revisit the issue when cooler, more rational minds prevail.

I see your point about the burgeoning debt but I don't share your dire outlook. We will solve the problem starting with no more supply (trickle down) side economics. Now that the election is behind us and no one is facing re-election for at least two years I believe that at the eleventh hour deadline our partisan politicians will come to the table and get the job done.

Interesting analysis of the election but I believe Obama fully expected to win and did all he could to make it so. Contrary to conservative BS, the economy has been improving almost since the Obama administration took office and is continuing to improve. My prediction is that by the end of the coming 4 years of recovery, the republicans will have absolutely no hope of retaking the office unless they make a radical move back to the moderate center. They can't win with their exclusionary, favor the rich politics.

I might agree with your disdain for both the Democrats and Republicans but I agree more with what Sally B said. It's not helpful to get cynical and believe they're all bad. I don't believe they are.

Good point. The country has never been out of debt (that I know of) and it seems to do okay. I agree, debt is a drag on the economy but anyone who thinks this is a new problem has been camping under a rock for the last 40 years. Yes, it's bad. No doubt about that.

I also agree that passing legislation without knowing everything in it seems foolish. However, with the obstructionists at work it was either pass it fast or see it die. Personally, I believe it's time for us to make sure that 43 million fellow
Americans get adequate health care that doesn't bankrupt them. I don't mind paying my share for it. The legislation is not carved in granite. As Pelosi said, we can revisit the issue when cooler, more rational minds prevail.

I see your point about the burgeoning debt but I don't share your dire outlook. We will solve the problem starting with no more supply (trickle down) side economics. Now that the election is behind us and no one is facing re-election for at least two years I believe that at the eleventh hour deadline our partisan politicians will come to the table and get the job done.

Interesting analysis of the election but I believe Obama fully expected to win and did all he could to make it so. Contrary to conservative BS, the economy has been improving almost since the Obama administration took office and is continuing to improve. My prediction is that by the end of the coming 4 years of recovery, the republicans will have absolutely no hope of retaking the office unless they make a radical move back to the moderate center. They can't win with their exclusionary, favor the rich politics.

I might agree with your disdain for both the Democrats and Republicans but I agree more with what Sally B said. It's not helpful to get cynical and believe they're all bad. I don't believe they are.
I don't think I am being cynical, I am being realistic. Neither the Democrats or the Republicans have the best interests of the American people in their policies. One of the main components to being a successful magician is the ability to get your audience to see what you want them to see and look where you want them to look. Politicians work much the same way. Both sides of the aisle spout their rhetoric but in the end there is little or no difference in what happens. Obama and Romney for all their blustering weren't very different in what they were going to do.

Supply side economics didn't work well for Reagan or for Hoover who tried it first. Social programs haven't worked either. When the bombs fell on Pearl Harbor the unemployment rate was 16%. Our economies greatest rate of growth happened during a time the government had little involvement with the economy. If you really want a good understanding of where modern governments are headed I wholeheartedly recommend "The Road to Serfdom" by Friedrich A. Hayek. The book was written around the end of WWII. Professor Hayek was very critical of Communism. He was very alarmed at the direction that the Western democracies were taking and wrote this book as a wake up call. Unlike a lot of books that attempt to predict future events Professor Hayek got an awful lot of things right. One of the truly frightening aspects of the book is that it was written 70 years ago. Read the book then tell me what you think.

I don't think I am being cynical, I am being realistic. Neither the Democrats or the Republicans have the best interests of the American people in their policies. One of the main components to being a successful magician is the ability to get your audience to see what you want them to see and look where you want them to look. Politicians work much the same way. Both sides of the aisle spout their rhetoric but in the end there is little or no difference in what happens. Obama and Romney for all their blustering weren't very different in what they were going to do.

Supply side economics didn't work well for Reagan or for Hoover who tried it first. Social programs haven't worked either. When the bombs fell on Pearl Harbor the unemployment rate was 16%. Our economies greatest rate of growth happened during a time the government had little involvement with the economy. If you really want a good understanding of where modern governments are headed I wholeheartedly recommend "The Road to Serfdom" by Friedrich A. Hayek. The book was written around the end of WWII. Professor Hayek was very critical of Communism. He was very alarmed at the direction that the Western democracies were taking and wrote this book as a wake up call. Unlike a lot of books that attempt to predict future events Professor Hayek got an awful lot of things right. One of the truly frightening aspects of the book is that it was written 70 years ago. Read the book then tell me what you think.

I can't respond regarding the book as I haven't read it, but I am in total agreement with what you have said here. I especially love the way you liken politicians with magicians, perfect analogy! :D

Ok, let me piss some people off again. How many of you on here believe the current bill of rights should just be changed on a whim to suit whomever is in office at the time. Such as with the second amendment. I for one am a libertarian leaning conservative who believes government should follow and uphold the current constitution not try and change and destroy it.

Just got my paystub the other day, why don't we as a country just go to a flat tax...whatever the rate is everyone pays the same rate.

Ok, let me piss some people off again. How many of you on here believe the current bill of rights should just be changed on a whim to suit whomever is in office at the time. Such as with the second amendment. I for one am a libertarian leaning conservative who believes government should follow and uphold the current constitution not try and change and destroy it.

This is too long an issue to discuss on this message board. The one thing I can say is that people who are up in arms about the second amendment clearly have not read it. And probably have not read the third amendment either. Are you part of a militia? Doubtful since we don't have them anymore. Do you think can hold off a "tyrannical government" because you have an assault rifle? Also doubtful.

If some of these brain dead people were more worried about things like education and freedom of speech this country would be much better off.

This is too long an issue to discuss on this message board. The one thing I can say is that people who are up in arms about the second amendment clearly have not read it. And probably have not read the third amendment either. Are you part of a militia? Doubtful since we don't have them anymore. Do you think can hold off a "tyrannical government" because you have an assault rifle? Also doubtful.

If some of these brain dead people were more worried about things like education and freedom of speech this country would be much better off.[/quote so you would rather the government completely strip citizens if any and all firearms, if you don't think thats exactly what some in the government would love to do you are sadly mistaken. You are correct about education, although the government has little interest in a free people that can think for themselves, they would rather you rely on the government to solve all your problems and as far as freedom of speech goes i would agree but i also prefer just freedom period.

If some of these brain dead people were more worried about things like education and freedom of speech this country would be much better off.

Socal,
Funny you should mention that. I was reading an article the other day on this very topic and found this very interesting:

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on
Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

The Bill Of Rights is what it is. It cannot be changed. It can be amended. Even repealed by another amendment (as was done with Prohibition). IMHO, It should NEVER be changed. Those are our rights. Not those granted us by Washington. But those granted by God.

The Bill Of Rights is what it is. It cannot be changed. It can be amended. Even repealed by another amendment (as was done with Prohibition). IMHO, It should NEVER be changed. Those are our rights. Not those granted us by Washington. But those granted by God.

Prohibition was the 18th Amendment, therefore not part of the Bill of Rights.

Just got my paystub the other day, why don't we as a country just go to a flat tax...whatever the rate is everyone pays the same rate.

We don't go to a flat tax (we should), because it would mean the idiots in Washington would have less money to do things with. Therefore, they would have less control over the citizens. And less power. It won't happen until we actually get some people in Congress and the Whitehouse with some backbone that believe they should do what is right, not what will get them re-elected in a few years.

Back