Anybody seen/tried this bourbon?

re: Anybody seen/tried this bourbon?

"Blackened"
... hummm, haven't seen that in the ******* stores yet. ; And I'm a devoted bourbon man, too.
I didn't see your opinion on the bourbon, Newbie 21. Tell us about it. I prefer buying a couple mini bottles first to try it.

My favorite has been around 200 + years ... Jim Beam. I like the regular 2-shot JB over a few cubes of ice when I've had a hard day at work.

I tried the single barrel a while back and really liked it as well. Nice and smooth and tasty. I learned a long time ago that proof isn't what sells bourbon, its the smoothness & taste ... Jim Beam has that for sure.

JimBeam-SingleBarrel.jpg

Last edited:
It's not a Bourbon...it's a blended straight whiskey.(yes there is a difference)I heard it pretty good for a three year old whiskey20221114_192335.jpgyou looking for good Bourbon look for eagle rare and Wellers 107 or e.h taylor ..stay away from blended Bourbons and look for more single barrel ones like blantons and blade and bow

re: Anybody seen/tried this bourbon?

"Blackened"
... hummm, haven't seen that in the ******* stores yet. ; And I'm a devoted bourbon man, too.
I didn't see your opinion on the bourbon, Newbie 21. Tell us about it. I prefer buying a couple mini bottles first to try it.

My favorite has been around 200 + years ... Jim Beam. I like the regular 2-shot JB over a few cubes of ice when I've had a hard day at work.

I tried the single barrel a while back and really liked it as well. Nice and smooth and tasty. I learned a long time ago that proof isn't what sells bourbon, its the smoothness & taste ... Jim Beam has that for sure.

View attachment 5606281
I didn't know you was a bourbon snob like me lmfao ..I'm usually stay away from Jim beam Woodford and makers but I'm going to have to try the single barrel doh ..I also a fan of Elijah criag and New riff single barrel

I didn't know you was a bourbon snob like me lmfao ..I'm usually stay away from Jim beam Woodford and makers but I'm going to have to try the single barrel doh ..I also a fan of Elijah criag and New riff single barrel
I think I got my bourbon taste from my grandfather when I was a little boy. Mom would go see her dad in the mountains of NC about once a month and I'd ride with her so I could see his farm & animals. My brother & I use to tease the rooster until he'd start chasing us. Anyways, Grandpa was a bourbon drinker and we'd open the empty bottles to smell the bourbon. He was a big "Beam" drinker based on all the bottles. He'd keep a pint bottle stuck up under his dash thinking mom wouldn't know as he was a diabetic. Took my first swallow around 12 or so; wasn't expecting it to burn so much but in a good way.

Back