Dating Scene in Cleveland?

gregrice

Male
Real Person
From
DC, US
So I moved to Cleveland approximately a year ago and cannot get a date to save my life. I've never went so long without any sexually intimacy. How is dating in Cleveland and what are the dynamics?

What's odd is that I lived in two previous cities that were over 80% white and had no problem getting dates and hookups. Cleveland, on the other hand, is just so different. It's a city with a history of extreme racial segregation and tribalism over ethnic neighborhoods. I've had people express disinterest in me simply because I live in Cleveland proper. Additionally, IR dating in Cleveland is low compared to other places I've lived (although I'm opened to everybody).

About 3 people from this site have contacted me, but two were non-serious and went ghost, and the other just texted me odd times at night and asked me to drive 20 miles away.

This was kind of a vent because I don't have anyone to talk to regarding this issue.

If you are looking for a romantic relationship, this may not be the best place to find it. Have you tried any of the more traditional apps?

The irony is that when my wife was actively looking a while back, she complained that there weren't any African American men on OK Cupid...

Back