Anyone into knife making??

That's awesome! That handle looks like it was a lot of work!
Thanks.. it’s a textured handle.. not really that hard to grind it.. dremel tool and sanding drums. I practiced on wood and scrap micarta first. It has a really good grip to it.

Thanks.. it’s a textured handle.. not really that hard to grind it.. dremel tool and sanding drums. I practiced on wood and scrap micarta first. It has a really good grip to it.
Yeah, it looks perfect for gripping! That takes a lot of patience!

I sadly don't have any experience with knife making someone showed me at an old forge how to make the tip of a spear it was unbelievable hot in there. that sad you are really skilled I love that tanto blade that you made. Whats your favourite material for a knife handle if you want a handle thats as light as possible but still has a nice grip ?

I sadly don't have any experience with knife making someone showed me at an old forge how to make the tip of a spear it was unbelievable hot in there. that sad you are really skilled I love that tanto blade that you made. Whats your favourite material for a knife handle if you want a handle thats as light as possible but still has a nice grip ?
Micarta is light and can be finished to a really nice grip. I am by no means an expert but I do enjoy knife making as a hobby.

do people in the usa normally have a forge at home or was it passed down to you or do you need it for your work ? how many knives have you made by now do you know ?

thank you, I understand now. so basically all the knives you made you showed in here. I thought its probably your best ones because they actually look good and well crafted. is there a like a dream blade to want to create one day for yourself ? like similiar to something out of a movie or history but with your own touch

thank you, I understand now. so basically all the knives you made you showed in here. I thought its probably your best ones because they actually look good and well crafted. is there a like a dream blade to want to create one day for yourself ? like similiar to something out of a movie or history but with your own touch
Not a dream blade but I would like to make a k-bar knife for my ******* in law.. he was in the army. Hurt in Afghanistan while deployed. He’s a good man.

Back