Anyone into knife making??

you just about have to have deer antlers that you have shot and harvested.......funny how if they lay in the field or on the ground any length of time...... the mice will have them eaten in short time.....seen some remnants on the ground before and picked them up to see why not much there...........been eaten!
Yes..they don’t last long after being shed. Squirrels chew them up pretty fast. I found a matching set of 10 pt sheds last spring while hunting morels.. about 5 feet apart. The shed on the left already has a tine chewed almost completely off.

Attachments

• B65B0CBE-60D5-48D9-B7E9-2A15BC437053.jpeg
    B65B0CBE-60D5-48D9-B7E9-2A15BC437053.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 21
I hear nobody can match German steel for cutting steel - their kitchen knives are considered the best in the world from what I’ve read. Wish America would stop selling companies like Case, Winchester and Harley to the f’n Chinese - next we’ll be selling those sumbitches the rights to apple pie 🤨
I have to agree....not sure why......but Germans do seem to have the market on top quality steel.....a good German pocket knife will start out at a hundred bucks.....and i also have our good Kitchen knives that are German.......that is what is so confusing about the German tree brand knives..........one made in Germany....excellent..........and another made in China which also seems to be top quality.....how are they pulling that off?

we as a country and even the world seem to be building that giant Chinese war machine with our own greed to pocket extra cash.........bring the stuff home....make it union made in america....add that quality back to it.....cut a little of your profit costs and lower what we put into the Chinese war machine

as far as I know case is still hanging on and american made......kind of funny on that......years ago Zippo lighter going broke.......so case bought out zippo lighters.......then sold them when case having trouble.........and now who comes to rescue and buy out Case.....Zippo lighter....how did they go from broke to savior?....maybe because Smokey Mountain bought them out.....but have so far kept case in america.....also Smokey Mountian knife works did buy case........most knife companies they have bought the first thing they did was move to China......they seem to be holding out on Case

A veritable work of art - best gifts are ones like that purpose made - especially a friend to a friend - to give ya that he must be a GOOD friend !!!!!! 👍👍
He is, he was very active in black powder firearms, etc... In fact, I bought my Colt Walker .44 Umberti replica from him!

A veritable work of art - best gifts are ones like that purpose made - especially a friend to a friend - to give ya that he must be a GOOD friend !!!!!! 👍👍
well....just as well get this started

wrong........you never give a knife as a gift.....superstition says it will cut the friendship......I have "sold" some to friends and relatives for 5 bucks....but NEVER gave them away

also when you hand a pocket knife to someone......blade out....they should hand it back the same way.....another crazy superstition

wrong........you never give a knife as a gift.....superstition says it will cut the friendship......I have "sold" some to friends and relatives for 5 bucks....but NEVER gave them away

also when you hand a pocket knife to someone......blade out....they should hand it back the same way.....another crazy superstition
I had actually traded him an old computer monitor that I had... I told him that I didn't want anything for it, but he insisted! So, I guess it wasn't really a gift!

Only wrong if I’m superstitious - I’m not ;}

Quenched and “it wheel keel!”😂. Black micarta scales with a red liner.. getting ready to work my first handle.

Attachments

• 3FFEB31F-3EDE-4BA7-AE8C-11CACE25BF6C.jpeg
    3FFEB31F-3EDE-4BA7-AE8C-11CACE25BF6C.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
89689B28-81D8-410D-8025-620DB3477F41.jpeg
Had to put a hold on the knife.. my lab of 12 years passed and I was pretty damn bummed out. So I started working on it again. It’s getting there

Back