A nightmare for UBER drivers....

I would think winter would be the biggest challenge. If Russia can overcome that so can America? :unsure:
I cannot remember offhand and do not feel like looking it up, but I think there were one or two tragic accidents awhile back regarding self driving cars in the US. I believe that the problem may have been failure to detect obstruction. Also that a warning by the car went unheeded by the "driver". Sorry for the vagueness.....I believe an incident occurred in Phoenix.

Didn't they have an issue with self driving cars where they were actually causing bigger accidents sometimes when they tried to avoid people?

Didn't they have an issue with self driving cars where they were actually causing bigger accidents sometimes when they tried to avoid people?
Here is a link......the one that was in my mind was the Tempe, AZ accident involving Uber. my fuzzy memory wasn't sure if it was Uber or Tesla and indeed, Tesla was involved with the others. I wonder what it feels like to implement technoloy that causes much good as well as some death.
If you click on the date of any accident, you will get details of the mishap.

Here is a link......the one that was in my mind was the Tempe, AZ accident involving Uber. my fuzzy memory wasn't sure if it was Uber or Tesla and indeed, Tesla was involved with the others. I wonder what it feels like to implement technoloy that causes much good as well as some death.
If you click on the date of any accident, you will get details of the mishap.
Maybe the terminator movies had it right and skynet is on the horizon.

Back