Worried

I am a independent divorced woman with 3 children from previous marriage. I have dated quite a few black men and around here other whites, kind of look down on me for it. We kind of live in a little bit of a redneck community that up until a few years ago was almost all white. My eldest ******* is in high school and has expressed interest in black boys at school and been on a few dates too. She is starting to get harassed. Should I move to a more mixed part of town or should we stay and have her learn to be strong and how life is? I am looking for honest opinions here and don't really want to hear all of the cucks fantasies. Thanks in advance.

i think you should move. what s the point of living in a community that doesn t share the same values, opinion, or way of life. you can learn how to be stro,g everywhere in the world

I know how changing areas work. It can be really rough on people. This might just be a girl phase for the ones that make fun of her and call her names and fight her. It might not amount to much. I'd be much much more worried if it were boys. However, if you want to be cautious moving might be your best choice.

It's a tough choice only you can really make.

I just wanted to wish my condolences to you for having to deal with such narrow-minded people who haven't outgrown there tribal tendencies. I wish you and your family the best.

Schools do have anti-bullying laws and processes set up now; at least at the 2 schools our teens go to, do. It's hard to say, with the limited information you've supplied, as to what you should or shouldn't do. If you have a school board, or school staff, who have open biasness, you, yourself, have to decide if your beliefs and principles are worth the risk to your children. I imagine, however, if she is being harassed & bullied, then the black students are being harassed and bullied as well. So there's a lot more to this than just stating open biasness to interracial dating.

so you would like to move from where you are to a more "black" part of your town just in order to have more black men? are you kidding, right?
you're ******* is being harrassed because she dates blacks? just she doesn't care about this.
people move to another house for job, or school, serious problems...not to find more interracial relationships....

I am a independent divorced woman with 3 children from previous marriage. I have dated quite a few black men and around here other whites, kind of look down on me for it. We kind of live in a little bit of a redneck community that up until a few years ago was almost all white. My eldest ******* is in high school and has expressed interest in black boys at school and been on a few dates too. She is starting to get harassed. Should I move to a more mixed part of town or should we stay and have her learn to be strong and how life is? I am looking for honest opinions here and don't really want to hear all of the cucks fantasies. Thanks in advance.
Move away to a more mixed town. It's going to get worse in smaller parts.

so you would like to move from where you are to a more "black" part of your town just in order to have more black men? are you kidding, right?
you're ******* is being harrassed because she dates blacks? just she doesn't care about this.
people move to another house for job, or school, serious problems...not to find more interracial relationships....
I was not stating I wanted to move for my hunt of black men. I said it would be more acceptable environment for her. I put her before me for sure.

And I just told you: if she just doesn't care about what people say, all problems will be solved in 2 seconds.

Not true. Bullying takes many forms. Not caring about it doesn't alter the behaviour of the parties and doesn't solve anything within two seconds.

The hardest part for any parent is wanting to protect their baby, how far one goes when they are at teen age is a matter for discusion between the both of them. The first step should be notifying the school that there is a problem with bullying on a racial level due to the choice of partner. It's unexceptable on any level , let alone at teen age.

Just because one isn't bothered by the bullying doesn't mean it's a problem solved. Why? Because by showing they are not exactly achieving anything worthwhile they just might esculate the bullying into something more serious.

Also you seem to have taken more out of the opening statement by Kandi than actually was said.

Last edited by a moderator:
And I just told you: if she just doesn't care about what people say, all problems will be solved in 2 seconds.

tasmaniandevil, you seem to have poor reading comprehension. Her ******* doesn't care what people say AND problems remain (bullying). Kandi already explained that her ******* doesn't care what people say and it didn't solve any problems "in two seconds." The fact that her ******* doesn't care what people say is good for her self esteem, but it doesn't protect her against social stigma or getting beaten up. Social acceptance is huge for teenagers, and it has a huge effect on their emotional development. A lot of adults carry psychological scarring from high school experiences like Kandi's ******* is having.

In your place, Kandi, I would move to a more diverse area. High school ******* are cliquish and judgmental everywhere, but it sounds particularly bad where you are. I grew up in a diverse area and the ******* at my high school were accepting of homosexuality, interracial relationships, and other taboos. High school doesn't have to be a scarring experience for your *******.

this happens just because she says that she doesn't care what people say, but in reality she cares...
social acceptance, social stigma are just stupid words for spineless people...

this happens just because she says that she doesn't care what people say, but in reality she cares...
social acceptance, social stigma are just stupid words for spineless people...

Thanks for sharing your gritty wisdom with us, tas.

Your bluster is transparent. If you really didn't care about social acceptance, you wouldn't bother to write about it, let alone in such emotional terms ("...stupid words for spineless people"). You seem more vulnerable and resentful of social stigma than anyone else in this thread. It would be normal for Kandi's ******* to care about social acceptance; you clearly do. It doesn't make you spineless.

Humans have a biological need to feel accepted. People who stigmatize others are assholes.

ok thanks for your psychology class
you don't know me but you know "I'm vulnerable and resentful of social stigma"...
to be honest I think you say so because you're unable to set yourself free from social conformism...bad thing...
humans have a no biological need to feel accepted but weak and spineless people, as I said before.
you can call them inferior if you want...

Back