What's up with the refractory period?

susana2012

Female
Gold Member
It was the third time that my ex black boyfriend and me had sex during our relationship, we didn't know each others very well, so we were still discovering our sexual rhythms.
We had sex under the shower and my ex cummed quickly. He couldn't wait for me to cum together, so we went out from the bathroom to the sitting room. I was so excited, wet and a little angry due I had not gotten an orgasm.
So, I walked to the door and I closed it throwing away the key. I told him "we weren't going to anywhere until he made me cum".
I held his soft cock and gave him an incredible blow-job. In less than a minute his penis was as hard as a steel bar. We fucked again in a wildly way and he made me cum immediately. I was still enjoying my potent and relaxant orgasm, when he cummed again.
Some years after that, when I met my husband, I told him about this fuck, during a phone call.
When my hubby heard this story, he almost suffer a heart attack. He felt an intense heat in his head, all his body shook like a leaf of a tree, his heartbeat increased his rhythms and he had an amazing erection.
My hubby told me that not all men could have a new erection just seconds after an orgasm, during the "refractory period".
Between my ex black boyfriend's first orgasm and his new erection due my blow-job, perhaps only two minutes had been passed. When we started to fuck again, my ex only needed 50 seconds or one minute not more to make me cum. I was enjoying my orgasm when he cummed again, so I may say he had two orgasm in 4 minutes maximum.
My husband said me Axel was a "first class male", that he had a great virility and he felt envy for him.
What's up with the refractory period? Is it normal any men don't need rest between each orgasm?

What's up with the refractory period? Is it normal any men don't need rest between each orgasm?

It varies from man to man and age and health issues can also have an effect.

Assuming no medical issues, most men in the tens and early twenties can virtually stay hard between orgasms for the first two or three and then need a little time to recover.
As we get older we begin to lose that ability and the period between erections starts to increase, although many men can still maintain a semi-hard on in between bouts of sex if they stay inside the woman and keep a slower level of motion until the desire to fuck again catches up.

I think that the more a man uses his cock, the more likely it is that he will be able to recover sooner, but that is just my opinion.

There is a a thing called the "Coolidge Effect" It states that a male of any species (man included) is more quickly aroused by a female different from the one he just had sex with. The story goes that President Coolidge and his wife were touring a chicken ranch. The president and his wife were apparently being given separate tours. Mrs. Coolidge noticed a rooster going after a hen and she asked her guide how many times could the rooster do that in a day. The guide replied that the rooster could do that dozens of times a day. Mrs. Coolidge said that the guide should tell Mr. Coolidge that. When President Coolidge was told about the rooster's sexual prowess he asked "Same hen?" to which the guide replied that it was a different hen every time. The President said"tell that to Mrs. Coolidge"

Going back to the original topic men will generally recover quicker with a new bed partner. So the first time he beds you he could be in and out of you several times in an evening. After he has been with you a few times the Coolidge effect will kick in. Younger men can recover within minutes and may not get completely soft after they have an orgasm. As males get older the refractory times generally increases but it takes longer for the male to cum. More simply put an old bull may not be able to bang your pussy 3 times in one hour, but he may be able to bang you pussy one time for the whole hour

On a personal observation when I was in my teens and 20's I could easily have 3 or 4 orgasms in a day, now that I am in my 60's one a day is adequate for me. It usually takes around an hour for me to get hard again, but that depends on my partners oral skills. However it takes a good deal longer for me to have an orgasm. Generally by the times I have an orgasm my partner is happy to call it an evening, or morning or whenever we were fucking. By the time I fill her pussy she is well aware that she has been thoroughly fucked. If I go for a second orgasm she will generally be getting pretty sore before I cum a second time.

There is a a thing called the "Coolidge Effect" It states that a male of any species (man included) is more quickly aroused by a female different from the one he just had sex with. The story goes that President Coolidge and his wife were touring a chicken ranch. The president and his wife were apparently being given separate tours. Mrs. Coolidge noticed a rooster going after a hen and she asked her guide how many times could the rooster do that in a day. The guide replied that the rooster could do that dozens of times a day. Mrs. Coolidge said that the guide should tell Mr. Coolidge that. When President Coolidge was told about the rooster's sexual prowess he asked "Same hen?" to which the guide replied that it was a different hen every time. The President said"tell that to Mrs. Coolidge"

Going back to the original topic men will generally recover quicker with a new bed partner. So the first time he beds you he could be in and out of you several times in an evening. After he has been with you a few times the Coolidge effect will kick in. Younger men can recover within minutes and may not get completely soft after they have an orgasm. As males get older the refractory times generally increases but it takes longer for the male to cum. More simply put an old bull may not be able to bang your pussy 3 times in one hour, but he may be able to bang you pussy one time for the whole hour

The Coolidge Effect! I love it. :D
It does make sense though. Since the biggest sex organ is between our ears, anything, such as a new piece of ass or a new activity, that can excite it, will likely get us up and ready for action quicker.

On a personal observation when I was in my teens and 20's I could easily have 3 or 4 orgasms in a day, now that I am in my 60's one a day is adequate for me. It usually takes around an hour for me to get hard again, but that depends on my partners oral skills. However it takes a good deal longer for me to have an orgasm. Generally by the times I have an orgasm my partner is happy to call it an evening, or morning or whenever we were fucking. By the time I fill her pussy she is well aware that she has been thoroughly fucked. If I go for a second orgasm she will generally be getting pretty sore before I cum a second time.

I'm pretty similar, except that if I don't concentrate on cumming quickly the first time, I usually wear the Wife out before I reach orgasm myself and then its either Mary and her four sisters or do with without.

Back