What do you do?If a close friend or family member is totally against "You Going Black"?

Do you try and keep the peace and not tell them or hide your lifestyle the best that you can?Are do you be totally honest!And risk losing a good friend or family member forever?

Only family that knows about it are a couple of my sisters. They are cheating with BBC so I'm not worried about hem telling anyone.

I'd love to chat with you sometime. It would be real interesting to hear about you and your sisters, like which one of you influenced the other...or things like that. I've been IR involved for a long time and I'd be happy to answer any of your questions about me also...Let me know okay..?

For quite a few years, no-one in my family knew about my black relationship except my then husband, and even he was a racist and didn't approve either,...but he was cheating on me long before I ever went black so he didn't have anything to say to the matter (long story).. Eventually, a divorce was inevitable and when I filed, I had to tell my parents and that's when I exposed about the relationship I was having with a black man... Both parents were furious at me, calling me many different names I've never heard from them, especially my Dad.. Unfortunately, after all these years, they still feel the same way about it. In fact, that day was the last time I was ever in my parents home and I'm not ever welcome again until I change my ways about black me...Yea sure, like that's going to happen...lol Now, I just feel sorry for them that they can't get over their racism and being the bigots like some others in my family also. And as far as friends go, I've found it very surprising that for every friend I've lost because of me going black, I've gained many, many more friends than ever before...it's funny how things work out...

For quite a few years, no-one in my family knew about my black relationship ...... I had to tell my parents and that's when I exposed about the relationship I was having with a black man...
Both parents were furious at me, calling me many different names I've never heard from them, especially my Dad.. Unfortunately, after all these years, they still feel the same way about it. In fact, that day was the last time I was ever in my parents home and I'm not ever welcome again until I change my ways about black ....
Now, I just feel sorry for them that they can't get over their racism ...

Isn't it odd that the bigoted are too blind to see that nothing about you ever changed: you are still the same person that they loved before and even during the time that they didn't know who you enjoyed sex with. The only thing that changed were their feelings for you when they found that you were above their petty unwarranted hate.

The only losers here are they for denying themselves the beauty of having you in their lives.

Isn't it odd that the bigoted are too blind to see that nothing about you ever changed: you are still the same person that they loved before and even during the time that they didn't know who you enjoyed sex with. The only thing that changed were their feelings for you when they found that you were above their petty unwarranted hate.

The only losers here are they for denying themselves the beauty of having you in their lives.

That's exactly the way I feel about it also...Because of them being such bigots and racists, it's a shame that they can completely remove me from their lives, especially with me being their only baby...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...

I haven't told it to any of my family members. Neither my mom. If my dad notices, he will definitely be mad. He hates all immigrants and especially the black ones.
The question is Why hide it unless they are supporting you in everyway , Dad is not the one taking BBC. you are live your life to make yourself happy first then worry about them ......

The question is Why hide it unless they are supporting you in everyway , Dad is not the one taking BBC. you are live your life to make yourself happy first then worry about them ......

You sound like you dont know racists. My dad would never accept the fact that a black makes me happy. He hates blacks like most of men here. He would rather die or stop communicating with me rather than having "monkeys" for grandsons.

You sound like you dont know racists. My dad would never accept the fact that a black makes me happy. He hates blacks like most of men here. He would rather die or stop communicating with me rather than having "monkeys" for grandsons.
Monkeys , This is 2012 and we no longer choose to accept words of this nature , ever heard of people being equals , tell Dad that kinda talk left years ago... Do you live your life to please you or your Dad???? its time to put your foot down if you ever want to stand up to him.... if we are Monkeys then ask him what he is????

In my country they are all immigrants from africa. It is not like in north eu countries or usa. There are not any black greeks. Mostof them come here to work or study and then return to their countries.
Wake up its 2012 , we are not immigrants ... We were born here as americans not immigrants , maybe 200 years ago but not anymore its a new world people so whatever you do stop living so much in the past.......

Do you try and keep the peace and not tell them or hide your lifestyle the best that you can?Are do you be totally honest!And risk losing a good friend or family member forever?

I have a backbone and I stand up for what I love, so I never kept it in secret that I've always been dating black guys not just fucking them. There is nothing shameful about it, I'm proud of who I am and what I do and if someone doesn't like it I'm gladly showing them the door to get the fuck outta my life. But yes, I've lost some friends for good because of it but I'm #TeamIDGAF since a long ago.

Honestly, if somebody would end a "friendship" with you because you date interracially, then they aren't really a friend. As far as family is concerned, this isn't India or somplace else that still practices arranged marriages and so forth. As long as you aren't choosing to date low lifes, abusers or other lowest common denominator types, then whom you choose to date or marry shouldn't be of any concern to them.

Back