Watermarking our pictures

biggrasp

Male
Real Person
Gold Member
From
TX, US
I just found a person using my old profile picture! It's getting old... How can I watermark my pictures? Or what program can I get? Thanks

It's getting old... How can I watermark my pictures? Or what program can I get? Thanks

biggrasp, the purpose of watermarking is to prevent someone from making profit or taking credit for a picture that you created. Watermarking it is still not going to keep people from using your pic, even if the watermark is clearly on the pic.
Any photoshop software will allow you to watermark pics. Photoshop software, however, allows you to size, color, change their file type (bmp, jpg, etc), and basically clean up a photo for your personal use. I use Adobee Photoshop 7.0 to create pics & captions here. You can find free photoshop software that will do the basic stuff ... check out this link:
http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Image-Converter.aspx

biggrasp, the purpose of watermarking is to prevent someone from making profit or taking credit for a picture that you created. Watermarking it is still not going to keep people from using your pic, even if the watermark is clearly on the pic.
Any photoshop software will allow you to watermark pics. Photoshop software, however, allows you to size, color, change their file type (bmp, jpg, etc), and basically clean up a photo for your personal use. I use Adobee Photoshop 7.0 to create pics & captions here. You can find free photoshop software that will do the basic stuff ... check out this link:
Thanks for the info!!!

Good advice, but couldn't he place the watermark across his body on his pictures, so then any attempt by somebody else to get around the watermark would essentially render the picture unusable to them?

For open-source, free, downloadable software to do that, try GIMP (Gnu Image Manipulation Program).

I will get GIMP and mark all the pictures from now on.im just tired of seeing people use my pictures! Its sad enough to think that someone wants to be you! Thank you everyone for the help

I am a web developer. I watermark, create, and program for a living. lol. If you have any problems with gimp, biggrasp, just ask. Anyone else too.

A few pictures I posted on other sites were copied and re-posted on other guys profiles.Now I'm reluctant to post any new pictures.

Good advice, but couldn't he place the watermark across his body on his pictures, so then any attempt by somebody else to get around the watermark would essentially render the picture unusable to them?

bm, that doesn't make the pic "unusable" however, ... a person can still copy & save a watermarked pic. It just makes that pic unsuitable for professional use or resale. (see pic below which I just typed across)
There is a software(s) however, that disables a pic from being saved. They use it in Yahoo's Flickr groups.

cuck_blackmale01-watermarked.jpg

NICE JOB, MAC! Clean. Unobtrusive.
All,
Watermarking will not necessarily solve your problems, but it will make it more difficult to steal your photos. Not impossible. Just more difficult.
Unfortunately, there are many people (both men and women) on all kinds of sex or dating sites who do this, because they are not confident enough in their own pics.

Back