Video edit advice?

Kinbakucpl

Couple
Real Person
Gold Member
I’m looking for advice and recommendations on video editing apps and software.
I’d prefer apps that are free or less than $5, and iOS compatible.
I also have a decent PC, so Windows recommendations will also be appreciated.
I’ve been using iMovie: the limitations that effect me are
1. the ability to easily blur faces and tattoos
2. when combining clips in portrait orientation (vertical), the aspect ratio is fixed in landscape (horizontal) so that the top and bottom get cropped.
I’d appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks!

Go get a free copy of Linux, Linux has a TON of free software for about everything under the Sun. It's how I will be doing my Video Editing most of the time.

My apologies, I hadn't slept yet when I posted that. I forgot, Linux has MANY "versions", known as "Distros", if you're new to Linux, or used to Windows, I would suggest starting with "Linux Mint", it's a Free Operating System, very low power, very "Windows-User-Friendly", and it's super small, also Linux (most all Distros), have a really SWEET feature, where you can try it out before you Install it. Also Linux (especially Mint)is far far FAR smaller, disk consumption wise, VS Windows. Linux can easily fit into a 10 Gigabyte Partition, while Windows needs closer to around 40-60GB of HDD Space.

Hope this helps you.

Last edited:
You can use Filmora, Dowload Filmora9 from official site https://filmora.wondershare.com
Supports both OS windows and mac.

Is Filmora for free?
Filmora is not free software, but offers a full-featured free trial with only one usage restriction: exported videos are watermarked with a Filmora banner across the bottom third of the output.

But you can crack Filmora9 easily, it takes only few minutes in windows..
if you want i can send u video how to crack??

Hope it helps?

I recommend Light Works.
I use it and it is fully functional with only one limitation for me at least. It only saves to 720p.
You have to register and once a week(?) you have to log back into the program to renew your license again.
It is otherwise free.
I am not in anyway an expert with it myself and do not know what a professional might need.
It has Windows, Linux and iOS versions.
You can buy a license if you need to be able and pay for a lease either month to month, 25 or annually, 175. or an outright license is available 440.

Back