Susannah Collins

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lewis, May 6, 2013.

?

Was Comcast justified in firing Susannah Collins?

This poll will close on Jan 5, 2030 at 11:19 PM.
  1. Yes

16.7%
  2. No

83.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lewis

Lewis Active Member Gold Member

US

Susannah Collins. Was Comcast Justifiable in Firing her, I know she slip up and said something wrong but do you think she deserved that. I seen a lot worse on air live.

What do you think guys....voice your opinion.

Lewis

2. bm_from_southjersey

bm_from_southjersey Administrator Staff Member Real Person Gold Member

US
    I don't think that Freudian slip was fire-worthy, but I also think that there is more to this story than has been made public knowledge. I will say that Comcast Chicago handled this situation clumsily and they should have waited until the Blackhawks were out of the playoffs, or after the Stanley Cup Finals if they win it, before parting company with her.

3. Blackcat

Blackcat New Member

MacNfries likes this.
  4. MacNfries

MacNfries Well-Known Member Sweet & Cordial Gold Member

US
    I personally like the beee-atch; she knows she's pretty, and she's comfortable with her sexuality. Hey, they girl loves talking about men's cocks ... what could be wrong with that? But, what she said was not a slip of tongue, and Comcast knew what they were getting when they hired her. So I imagine she got a nice "go away" severance.

I just love a woman that will greet a man by looking at his crotch area and smiling. I'd love to be able to feed her the size of tube steak she so rightly needs. :)

5. Lewis

US
    I could see if she had performance issues and that was her third strike. but i dont have Comcast Chicago to find out but i dont think she should have gotten run though if it was not her last chance. But i know Sideline reporters are hard to find. We would have to look at Craig Sager types with bad suits all the time and that would not be pleasant to watch.

Kinda want to know the rest of the story and whats up with this?

Lewis

6. Torpedo

Torpedo Well-Known Member Gold Member

One of the freedoms we seem to forget about is that we all have the right to be offended. Did Ms Collins say some inappropriate yes she did. Was it a Freudian slip or deliberate who knows. It sure didn't warrant firing. And the statement was probably true. For those that were offended, OH please, get a life.

7. Susan Stackpole

Susan Stackpole Active Member

I feel sorry for her, I am sure that was a honest mistake.

8. Lewis

US
    I think so but they didnt see it like that so they canned her. So Sad

9. willsrvu

willsrvu Administrator Real Person Gold Member

She probably looked at Comcast's white CEO's crotch and giggled instead of giving it the sort of appreciative smile she gives the black guys. :bounce:

10. MacNfries

MacNfries Well-Known Member Sweet & Cordial Gold Member

US
    For the good or the bad of it, this new women's liberation surge has really given women the confidence to "express themselves". I'm kinda glad I'm not single ... I'm afraid now the girls I would date would openly laugh and put their clothes back on ... bummer! :(

11. Torpedo

There is way too much concern over being politically correct. She made a faux pax, it should have been brought to her attention and then dropped

Virginia Knight likes this.
  12. Torpedo

One of the rights everyone has is to be offended, but just because you are offended doesn't mean the world is obligated to make you happy

13. Torpedo

It is so sad that some idiots think that is progress!