Sorry for the website/forums Downtime and Inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunnyBunny

Couple
Staff member
Real Person
From
Norway
Members/Guest's,

Due to the transfer of the website being transferred to a new host we experienced a long period of downtime. We have figured out all the bugs and got everything working hopefully 100% but if you see any issues or errors please do report them and let us know so we can fix the issues as they arise.

Thank you!
Blacktowhite team.

The sister company to the one I work with did an acquistional merger 5-6 years ago, and they were transferring insurance data from that acquired company so premiums, claims, & agent commissions would continue to be paid uninterrupted. It was a transfer of over $38 million. They thought everything went well, BUT, were not aware that the company that they were merging had done an acquistion of their own 15 or so years earlier ... about $7 million of business. So, when my sister company implimented the merging process, that $7 mil just sat there and did nothing. Agents weren't getting paid ... premium statements weren't going out ... and claims ceased being paid. By the time the mistake was found, about $5 million had gone "down the toilet" in cancellation business. By the time they got it fixed, almost ALL of the business was gone.
Talk about ******* hitting the fan and people getting FIRED ... so, I know a little bit about moving data from one place to the other efficiently. :eek:

Glad that that was the reason the site sort of disappeared for a while.
I was concerned it fell victim to some "do-gooder" trying to protect us from ourselves. :cold:
Like wise, too many do-gooders who want every one to live their sad existences, but then I guess each to their own, so leave us alone, yeah!

Members/Guest's,

Due to the transfer of the website being transferred to a new host we experienced a long period of downtime. We have figured out all the bugs and got everything working hopefully 100% but if you see any issues or errors please do report them and let us know so we can fix the issues as they arise.

Thank you!
Blacktowhite team.

Thanks FunnBunny for informing us!

Glad that that was the reason the site sort of disappeared for a while.
I was concerned it fell victim to some "do-gooder" trying to protect us from ourselves. :cold:

Yeah, lot of that ******* going around these days, isn't there? I always think of the big name TV evangelists that got themselves busted for paying for prostitutes, lake houses, cars, etc with donations while telling everyone else how they were worthless pieces of ******* & gonna burn in damnation ... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back