snowbunnies

LOL ... ok, ok, you guys wish to spout definitions or whatever. You understand, however, that words take on definitional changes based upon the subject matter, and that words take on expanded meanings every day. Look how far the definition of cuckold has come in just the past 10 or so years. Soon, cuckold will be an every day word. I hear it on TV almost regularly now.

Anyways, let's use a different example. When I mention STD on here ... what is the first thing that comes to mind? Be honest now. Being on a sexually explicit website, does Sexually Transmitted Disease ring your bells? Of course it does. But you might should know that its NOT the first thing that comes to my mind, or professionals that work in my profession. To me, the first thing is Short Term Disability, which is a product I deal with each and every working day.

So, when you talk of snow bunnies, here, you're not going to hear many black guys referring to the 4-legged animals with long ears that live in the Artic, or white girls in bikinis skiing down a snow covered slope in Aspen, Co. It's their derogatory slang to define a fair skinned, young, white female, usually blonde and red head. Just as blacks have assigned the word "cracker" to define white males ... its part of their growing reference of slang. The only ones that cannot use derogatory slang on this site are us "crackers" ... LOL!
"Somebody call?"
.....View attachment 476046......... well, I didn't think we would ... hummm!
And in a similar vein, the word "cracker" that you mention is only slang in the usa. Not used here in Europe other than sometimes heard on USA tv shows etc.
I understand it's a derogatory word but what are it's origins?

Back