Sin or just natural sex?

When a woman goes black were should husband be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, we got the Jews to thank for copper wire, anyways! ;)
Two Jews fighting over a penny ... :bounce:

That was definitely NOT PC, Mac. Funny as all fuck, but not PC! :bounce:

Then again, maybe I found it funny only because I used to work in a wire and cable factory.:smoke:

sigh. If we created god in our own image isn't is possible that we also created all of the definitions of sin as well? Isn't it convenient that the commandments just happen to be exactly what a ruling government would want to see its subjects live their lives by? People might not fear their government, but eternity in hell? Now that's powerful stuff.

sigh. If we created god in our own image isn't is possible that we also created all of the definitions of sin as well? Isn't it convenient that the commandments just happen to be exactly what a ruling government would want to see its subjects live their lives by? People might not fear their government, but eternity in hell? Now that's powerful stuff.

OK Pea, that's it. You let the secret out! :furious:
Return the magic underwear immediately! :bounce:

I don't know, Moses (Charlton Heston) looked pretty muscular in The Ten Commandments. Maybe he should have had Joshua the Stone Cutter (John Derek) carry them, he looked pretty ripped and he was used to the heavy lifting.
Everyone has to remember that the above mentioned people are/were actors that pretended to be these historical people that may or may not have existed.

I must admit that I never anticipated an extended exchange on the subject of sin when I started visiting this site. I do find a certain comfort in the fact that there is obviously differences of opinion on a subject that most people have strong feelings about and everything has been quite civil. That is a good thing:)

Oh yeah, that's what i heard! I meant Moses, damn it all to hell ... I'm getting my characters mixed up again ... its that last margarita I just had and the sun. :)

Wait, wasn't it Jonah that went fishing? Now I'm confused ... :cry:

Yes, it was Jonah who went fishing, but the fish caught him!!!

Ummm. I thought it was God who created us in HIS own image????

Everyone has to remember that the above mentioned people are/were actors that pretended to be these historical people that may or may not have existed.

Noooooooo, say that ain't soooooooooo!!!!! I damn well know I saw Charleston Heston part the Red Sea ... or was it the Green Sea ... humm Well, I know he had a rod in his hand that turned into a snake ... or was it a big black dick? :confused:

Which do you think more likely?

Let's just suppose that there is a supreme infallible being and it created us in its image then what in the heck happened? A second year engineering student could have done better. Maybe we got the 1st year intern god while some other universe got the attending resident god. :(

Oh, I know! Let's just make up another rule. Let's say we're too dumb to understand the infinite wisdom of our god. That way no matter what happens god's still perfect and we're all sinners who need saving. Oh, but if we're all sinners then why would anyone even try to be good? Oh, I know! Let's make up another rule that if you confess and repent you can be forgiven and live forever in the beautiful place beyond death. I like that. I hate the idea of death, don't you? That's a pisser and someone needs to find a way around it. I know! God can get us past that one.

But if that's true, if god can create a beautiful place and life everlasting why didn't god do that in the first place? Oh, I know. God's testing us. But didn't god know what we would do when it created us? Did god f up? I thought god was all knowing and infallible. I thought we were created in god's image? Perfect.

It's all so confusing!

But if that's true, if god can create a beautiful place and life everlasting why didn't god do that in the first place? Oh, I know. God's testing us. But didn't god know what we would do when it created us?

It's all so confusing!

Pea ... for one thing, God isn't "testing" you; he never tests anyone. That's the Devil. Looks like this ~> :devil: Well, that's what man has assumed he looks like. Actually, he or she takes many forms, but he originally appeared as a serpent in the Garden Of Eden ... no, that wasn't Barbara Eden's residency in California. :p

Excuse me, but that would be in HER own image.
A male doesn't have the sense of humor to create something that pisses out of the same thing that gives it pleasure and cause it to quit being usable for much more than pissing when it gets older.
Or to cause the male to reach his peak of sexual ability a decade before most females are interested enough to let him do anything more with it than use his hand. :bounce:

Pea ... for one thing, God isn't "testing" you; he never tests anyone. That's the Devil. Looks like this ~> :devil: Well, that's what man has assumed he looks like. Actually, he or she takes many forms, but he originally appeared as a serpent in the Garden Of Eden ... no, that wasn't Barbara Eden's residency in California. :p

But I thought god was in all things? Didn't god have a hand in creating the devil? I thought god created all? And another thing. What kind of god creates a humanlike ******* just to have him be executed in the prime of his life? Wouldn't a real god have simply shown up to do his own bidding? And if Jesus died for our sins I guess that was a nice gesture but it seems hollow considering he knew he couldn't be killed and would rise 3 days later to live in the perfect kingdom. Wouldn't have been easier to just create a race of people that didn't sin in the first place? I mean geez, set your own ******* up for a horribly painful death on the cross? Sounds like chlld abuse to me.

Excuse me, but that would be in HER own image.
A male doesn't have the sense of humor to create something that pisses out of the same thing that gives it pleasure and cause it to quit being usable for much more than pissing when it gets older.
Or to cause the male to reach his peak of sexual ability a decade before most females are interested enough to let him do anything more with it than use his hand. :bounce:

I prefer "its" image. If god exists I can't imagine it having a gender.

Unless of course, WE created god in our image. Then of course god has to be masculine. Men had all the power back then so god had to be a powerful ******* figure.

Wiccans see it different. mom earth and a whole nother mythology to get caught up in! LOL

Which do you think more likely?

Let's just suppose that there is a supreme infallible being and it created us in its image then what in the heck happened? A second year engineering student could have done better. Maybe we got the 1st year intern god while some other universe got the attending resident god. :(

Oh, I know! Let's just make up another rule. Let's say we're too dumb to understand the infinite wisdom of our god. That way no matter what happens god's still perfect and we're all sinners who need saving. Oh, but if we're all sinners then why would anyone even try to be good? Oh, I know! Let's make up another rule that if you confess and repent you can be forgiven and live forever in the beautiful place beyond death. I like that. I hate the idea of death, don't you? That's a pisser and someone needs to find a way around it. I know! God can get us past that one.

But if that's true, if god can create a beautiful place and life everlasting why didn't god do that in the first place? Oh, I know. God's testing us. But didn't god know what we would do when it created us? Did god f up? I thought god was all knowing and infallible. I thought we were created in god's image? Perfect.

It's all so confusing!

Not confusing at all!
First of all God is everything. God is all the energy that exists and everything is made of energy. Some of that energy is more dense than other forms of it.
That means we are part of God.

God is eternal. Has always been and always will be.
That means we don't die. We can't, we are God.
Our bodies die, but think of them as automobiles. We cruise around in them until they wear out and then we get another car.

We do live in a beautiful place and it is everywhere and it exists in all of time. We just don't take the time to really appreciate it.

God didn't fuck up. God is incapable of fucking up. God simply is.
We (God) get bored simply existing, so we do stupid ******* just to make it all more interesting.
However, it all is what it is and shall continue on forever because God is everything.

See, simple. :)

Not confusing at all!
First of all God is everything. God is all the energy that exists and everything is made of energy. Some of that energy is more dense than other forms of it .....

.... However, it all is what it is and shall continue on forever because God is everything.

See, simple. :)

I like MY response to Pea better ... he's just "playing" us both! If I'm gonna waste my time, its not going to be on this subject with a disbeliever ... I'll stoke the fire when he gets there, unless I'm there with him ... lol!

OK, so here's a test for the biblical scholars: when he returned from the mountain with the tablets of stone to find his people partying and praying to idols, didn't Noah smash one of the tablets to the ground in anger causing God to forbid him from seeing the promised land? Doesn't that also mean that originally there where more than the Ten Commandments which were on the remaining two unbroken stones?

Noah? Really? Not Moses? hmmmmm.

I like MY response to Pea better ... he's just "playing" us both! If I'm gonna waste my time, its not going to be on this subject with a disbeliever ... I'll stoke the fire when he gets there, unless I'm there with him ... lol!

I have to admit that I did enjoy the reference to Barbara Eden. Fuck, did you see that picture of her in her Jeannie costume standing next to Bubba? Still one fine looking woman!:D

Back