Reconcile?

F

falcondfw69

I am sure I am not the only one.
I was raised very religious. But some things never sat well with me.
For example: if you do not have the means to give, why do they pass a plate around so everyone can stare at you and think bad about you for not giving?
Or:
If you enjoy things of the flesh (BBC, swinging, etc), but you are from a strict religious group (or even not so strict) how do you deal with those differences?

Basically, I am asking those of us who were raised religious, and especially those who still are (go to church, pray, etc.), how do you deal with your desires and reconcile that with your religion?

Do you have any questions for us non-believer types before we're shuffled off to spend eternity in that hot and nasty place down south?

I mean Rio of course! :bounce:
lol. Rio. Of course. lol. I am just wondering how people work in past religious lifestyles with what they feel today?

Do you not understand the difference between God (Universe, the Source, The Power, etc) and man made religion?

Do you truly think (God, the Source, etc) really cares if you go to church every Sunday and throw your bucks into the collection basket or about who you fuck or why you want to fuck them more than if you are a good person?

Just be the best person you can be, love others (some as often as possible), and let God worry about the rest. If you truly believe, then why worry about something as insignificant as yourself compared to the rest of creation? You are a just a small part of it all, God can handle it, so just worry about yourself.

Do you not understand the difference between God (Universe, the Source, The Power, etc) and man made religion?

Do you truly think (God, the Source, etc) really cares if you go to church every Sunday and throw your bucks into the collection basket or about who you fuck or why you want to fuck them more than if you are a good person?

Just be the best person you can be, love others (some as often as possible), and let God worry about the rest. If you truly believe, then why worry about something as insignificant as yourself compared to the rest of creation? You are a just a small part of it all, God can handle it, so just worry about yourself.

Will, if you look at it honestly, it is ALL "man-made religion". No one has ever seen HIM. All of us, no matter what religion, are taking it all "on faith".

That is not what I am asking. I thought i made clear what I am asking.

What I am asking is : For those of you who were raised religious, whatever that religion is, how do you reconcile your current lifestyle with that religious upbringing, if you even do?

Most religions I know of would frown on this lifestyle and on other lifestyles that are related. so, how do you deal with those two conflicting things?

And will, according to some parts of the Bible, yes, God cares if you go to Church every Sunday or not.

If you are a Christian, or believer of the Christian faith, you believe and follow the commandments given to man by GOD. You must believe these are God's words and follow them if you wish to enter the gates of heaven ... no preaching here, just what the bible (for the believers) says ... so, YES, I have often thought about your question, falcond.

pic_TenCommandments.jpg

I know there's another thread for the religion discussion but I feel compelled (by the devil maybe!) to add that if following the bible verbatim is a requirement to get into heaven then, NO ONE is going! LOL It's so full of contradictions it's impossible to even come close to obeying every part.

... I know there's another thread for the religion discussion but I feel compelled (by the devil maybe!) to add that if following the bible verbatim is a requirement to get into heaven then, NO ONE is going!

Actually, Pea, this thread was created specifically for the purpose of giving those of us, with a religious background, a way to explain how we, as "believers", deal with the conflict of cuckolding, etc. So, no, there is no other thread for religious discussions, and you might just choose to ignore the thread altogether.

Possibly, however, your reason for posting to this thread (after its been clearly explained by the originator as to what it's for) is because you, yourself, are possibly wrestling with some of your own beliefs. If that is so, you should feel welcome to comment. And, if you are a "somewhat" believer you should know that the Ten Commandments (according to Christian faith) was created specifically "in stone" to give Christians strict guidelines to God's words. So, no, there is no allowance for following some but not ALL ... but, you do have the choice of repentance before you die. So, live your life as you wish, and hope that your reasoning holds true to YOUR faith.

I once got into Satanism for a year or so, and I truly believe there are evil spirits, and if you believe in evil spirits, I can't see how you can really deny God's existance. Again, I'm not meaning to sound preachy, just attempting to reason with your comment. Mac :)

Okay, since you asked! LOL

I wrestle with the meaning of life just like most of us. However, I have no illusions as to the true nature of the major religions. December 25th for example has less to do with the birth of Jesus than it does with quashing a pagan holiday. Governments and religion have been for centuries and still are engaged in an unholy alliance. Religion is about power, not salvation. Salvation is both the carrot and the stick to keep people in line.

That does NOT mean I think religion can't be healthy or that 95% of religious people aren't well meaning. It can be and they are. Churches provide a great way for communities to come together. To congregate. Fortunately, 95% of religious people are not true believers. They're "menu" driven believers who participate in a kind of group fantasy which improves their lives. They believe in the golden rule but they dismiss the idea of getting off on watching from the clouds as people suffer horrible deaths below. They believe sex is for procreation but use condoms and have their tubes tied. They believe in guilt and shame but go out and have a good time anyway!

I have to admit though, I do find it amusing when someone says, "god bless you." I understand the spirit in which it was intended but it's an odd feeling to be blessed by someone's imaginary friend! LOL

Will, if you look at it honestly, it is ALL "man-made religion". No one has ever seen HIM. All of us, no matter what religion, are taking it all "on faith".

True, except that I have and do see God every day when I look into my Wife's eyes, pull an avocado off the tree in the yard, pick flowers, taste my morning coffee, etc. I don't believe in so much being "random chance" as some argue.

That is not what I am asking. I thought i made clear what I am asking.

What I am asking is : For those of you who were raised religious, whatever that religion is, how do you reconcile your current lifestyle with that religious upbringing, if you even do?

Most religions I know of would frown on this lifestyle and on other lifestyles that are related. so, how do you deal with those two conflicting things?

My bad. Now that I reread it, you did make it clear, I didn't read what you asked properly.
However, being this former alter-boy divorced himself from the hypocrisy of religion many decades ago, I shall withdraw from the discussion after this post.

And will, according to some parts of the Bible, yes, God cares if you go to Church every Sunday or not.

That's what the guys that wrote the bible say. Probably figuring on getting that tithing basket going since churches and cathedrals didn't come cheap even in those days.

As I recall, Jesus (I assume when you say the Bible you are speaking Christian faith) pissed of the religious leaders of the day at the temples by telling people that they wouldn't find God there, that those were only buildings and that they only need to look around and within themselves to find God.

I took his advice. :)

Thought to ponder: if (again Christian Bible) with each step of creation God made a higher form (earth then plants then animals, and so on) woman is a higher form of existence than man as she was created last.
This I choose also to believe by virtue that she grows and bears the children of which men carry only the seed and, more importantly, she has the ONLY human organ which serves no other function than to provide her with sexual pleasure- the clitoris. Clearly God intended for woman to enjoy sex.

Since God gifted her so, why then should religion deny her all the possible pleasures of sex, including and especially if her husband approves of her enjoying that with others?

Seems to me:
adultery on the sly: sin, bad
adultery with mates blessing: Oh yeah baby!

I have a Catholic upbringing. However, as I become older, questions begin to form; why the priest can't marry? (If it could, it would solve a lot of sex scandals). Why is He a God of Love and Forgiveness, but if you do something wrong you will get punished? Why ask for His guidance on everything if he gave you brains and knowledge to take care of it? And on and on and on. But let's get to your question.

I live my life by not doing any harm to others. I don't ******* my wife to make my fantasy a reality; that would be harming her. if she decides to do it; awesome. If she doesn't; awesome. I don't harm anyone with my fantasy.

If you are a Christian, or believer of the Christian faith, you believe and follow the commandments give to man by GOD. You must believe these are God's words and follow them if you wish to enter the gates of heaven ... no preaching here, just what the bible (for the believers) says ... so, YES, I have often thought about your question, falcond.

View attachment 249546
Catholic and Protestant 10 Commandments aren't the same

I have a Catholic upbringing. However, as I become older, questions begin to form; why the priest can't marry? (If it could, it would solve a lot of sex scandals). Why is He a God of Love and Forgiveness, but if you do something wrong you will get punished? Why ask for His guidance on everything if he gave you brains and knowledge to take care of it? And on and on and on. But let's get to your question.

I live my life by not doing any harm to others. I don't ******* my wife to make my fantasy a reality; that would be harming her. if she decides to do it; awesome. If she doesn't; awesome. I don't harm anyone with my fantasy.

Imagination,
Great post and good way to live your life.
I was actually Jewish for the first 5 years of my life. When Mom and Dad separated we tried everything from witchcraft to Episcopalian. lol. Finally settled on General Conference Baptist. But when I married a Catholic, I guess I became a Catholic. But I could never reconcile Catholicism with what I had read in the Bible as a teen.

Why do we need to confess our sins to the Priest, when we can just tell them to God?
Why do we need to have the Priest pray for us, when the Bible says HE hears our prayers?
Why do we need to give to the "new building fund", when HE knows our needs? Won't he provide?
Most importantly: Why do we need an intermediary, when the Bible says we can talk to HIM directly?

Needless to say, I am a rather bad Catholic. lol.

Okay, since you asked! LOL

I wrestle with the meaning of life just like most of us. However, I have no illusions as to the true nature of the major religions. December 25th for example has less to do with the birth of Jesus than it does with quashing a pagan holiday. Governments and religion have been for centuries and still are engaged in an unholy alliance. Religion is about power, not salvation. Salvation is both the carrot and the stick to keep people in line.

That does NOT mean I think religion can't be healthy or that 95% of religious people aren't well meaning. It can be and they are. Churches provide a great way for communities to come together. To congregate. Fortunately, 95% of religious people are not true believers. They're "menu" driven believers who participate in a kind of group fantasy which improves their lives. They believe in the golden rule but they dismiss the idea of getting off on watching from the clouds as people suffer horrible deaths below. They believe sex is for procreation but use condoms and have their tubes tied. They believe in guilt and shame but go out and have a good time anyway!

I have to admit though, I do find it amusing when someone says, "god bless you." I understand the spirit in which it was intended but it's an odd feeling to be blessed by someone's imaginary friend! LOL

LOL! Pea, you are funny.
And maybe I am too cynical, but I don't believe most people today believe in the Golden Rule. Most people I see are only out for one thing - themselves.
The line you wrote about sex is hilarious, when you think about it. Even moreso, because it is true.

A little history here, as I love trivia:
My family and I base our living principles on the Golden Rule, as it has a rich translation through many of the religions (Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam etc) dating back to ancient Babylon in 1800s BC. The actual verse, which we use from the bible (Matthew 7:12), states "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the "Law Of The Prophets". It is the same principle that Jesus taught in his "Sermon On The Mount".
The actual title Golden Rule originated back in the 16th century as The Golden Law, as a translation of the aforementioned. ;) I think it is an excellent way to base one's life & living principles.

A little history here, as I love trivia:
My family and I base our living principles on the Golden Rule, as it has a rich translation through many of the religions (Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam etc) dating back to ancient Babylon in 1800s BC. The actual verse, which we use from the bible (Matthew 7:12), states "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the "Law Of The Prophets". It is the same principle that Jesus taught in his "Sermon On The Mount".
The actual title Golden Rule originated back in the 16th century as The Golden Law, as a translation of the aforementioned. ;) I think it is an excellent way to base one's life & living principles.

I agree, Mac. But there are several, VERY different "Golden Rule"s. lol. as in:

1. He who has the gold, makes the rules
2. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

lol. I know that most people mean the second rule.

True, except that I have and do see God every day when I look into my Wife's eyes, pull an avocado off the tree in the yard, pick flowers, taste my morning coffee, etc. I don't believe in so much being "random chance" as some argue.

That's a good way to see the world.

Perhaps, as science is beginning to reveal, the boundaries we perceive between things are illusionary. We spend so much of our lives judging whether one thing is better than another. On some very fundamental level we are not part of everything. We ARE everything. In many ways, physical reality is "dreamlike." It's barely there at all. If you expanded the nucleus of a hydrogen atom to the size of a basketball, it's one electron would be out in cloud like shell at a radius of 20 miles. The rest? Empty nothingness. Even those things we consider solid matter, such as the nucleus of an atom, are really only energy strings locked in a pattern that often slip in and out of our reality.

Evolution has shaped our consciousness to perceive that which helps us survive and reproduce but it has not given us the ability to see that which is irrelevant to our survival. For those things we do not understand we have religious superstition and science. Superstition is folly and the science is inadequate.

My take? I just get up everyday to see what destiny has in store for me next! I believe in the illusion of control and sense of self and yet I'm okay with the realization that I am not in control and there is no self apart from the whole.

What ever life is, I figure I might as well enjoy it.

Back