OT - Anyone else watching World Cup?

US beat Ghana! They might just sneak through!

Obviously, I'm happy the US won, just not too thrilled with how they did it. Don't get me wrong, Brooks' header was nice and clutch (in addition to being the first time in US World Cup history that a sub scored), and hopefully it portends that this team can be effective on set pieces, I just didn't like the seeming inability to generate much else offensively after Dempsey's goal, or how they either bunkered in from the 50th to around the 80th minute against a team that they should have been able to attack, or just let Ghana get the better run of play. That was a sweet goal Ayew scored and an even nicer back heel pass from Gyan, however, for a team playing in a defensive shell like they were, openings like that shouldn't occur. Also, as I've not seen any reports,the hamstring injuries to Jozy Altidore and Matt Besler create additional concerns.

All in all, getting the 3 points was paramount, and now they control their fate. Like Spain, Portugal is in deep trouble because of the goal differential (-4 to +1 for the US), and like the Spain/Chile match in their group, US/Portugal is going to decide the second qualifier from this group. All the US needs to do is tie Portugal, and barring a blowout loss to Germany (5-0 or greater), that will get them through. Now, if the US loses to Portugal, The US would be dependent on Ghana beating Portugal to make it through combined with a close loss, tie, or win over Germany, but you never want your fate decided by another team.

After the thrashing they gave Portugal, I'm going out on a limb and saying that Die Mannschaft is making it at least to the semis, and as long as they don't draw Italy they will make it to the final.

I don't usually watch much soccer, but will often catch at least a few of the World Cup games.

Anyone else watching any of the matches?
785341461993059247.gif
jordan-ayew-penis-vivaghana.jpg

Some players have serious physical advantage...

A surprise in that the so-called experts have kind of written off Oranje this time around, and I'm guessing that the way they ******* the bed in Euro 2012 people are down on them, but you really can't count out a team that has Robin Van Persie, Arjen Robben and Wesley Sneijder. They will be a tough out in the Knockout Stage.
yea but dont 4get brazil ,,germany argentina,,,,any 4 will win

Back