Is the "lifestyle" culture anti-intellectual?

I wouldn't judge the lifestyle or the majority of people involved in this from BtW or other online sites but I have noticed the same thing and it's disappointing. English is not my native language and I've been congratulated many times about my language skills which for me is funny cause I know I suck compared to others. Still, I see a lot of Americans not knowing how to express themselves properly and/or having grammar problems. I chat online for 10+ years and maybe it's a coincidence but this has not happened with UK people, just Americans although I know it's not an American thing, it's international.

I saw your bio and noticed your field. To be frank with you i dont think this subculture is anti intellect at all but what you must understand is that most users here arent looking for stimulating conversations. I am into the lifestyle and i am currently working towards my second degree in biological science hoping to become a maxillofacial surgeon. I love to talk about maxillmandibular relationships in the face with others on other sites.

For this fourm it really doesn't matter to me whether a female is a scientist or a bimbo. Im here to find white women i connect with and fuck their brains out. I think you are mixing two things that really shouldn't be mixed. Is it a plus if a girl is into biological science and skull anatomy sure, but im not here for that

For one, specializing in a field doesn't necessarily make you an intellectual. My impression from this post is that you are not an intellectual in anything outside of your field of study (or, at best, little outside your field of study).

Two, the particular thing about your post that jumped out was the implied assertion that you connect, more or less, just as easily with an attractive woman who is a scientist or a bimbo. Personally that is disgusting to me, as I have much higher standards. Not to say that all bimbos possess mediocre intellectual ability or that all scientists are articulate, but "connect" means a lot more to me than "physically attracted to."

The responses you received answered your question as far as they pertain to this forum. This forum is, on the whole, completely anti-intellectual. Look at how many people responded saying they have a degree -- implying as if that, in and of itself, gives them more than a modicum of intellectual ability -- and then defensively bring up grammar and the false dichotomy of "you don't come here for an intellectual conversation."

Why are the two mutually exclusive? And why must you be seeking an intellectual conversation if you simply value the ability of someone to express themselves? -rolls eyes-

To the OP: Reddit is much better about this than here. So is FetLife. In my experience this is a terrible place to find a suitable partner of any caliber.

To add a few points to those already made...

The words that you cited as often being used improperly, you need to keep in mind that a good number of people, if not a majority, peruse this site from a phone or tablet which I would think is the major cause of misspelled words. Additionally, if those words are spelled correctly, spell check likely won't change them for syntax.

As to whether the "lifestyle" feeds anti intellectualism, I would have to disagree. First off, the term lifestyle in and of itself means different things to different people. It is typically used to denote couples swinging, but that is no longer the only definition. However, if we are simply talking about people using the internet just looking for NSA sex partners, I'd be reluctant to slap the lifestyle label on that.

If you were to go to a true lifestyle event, you would meet people from all walks of life, from white collar professionals all the way down the list. While there are some men who couldn't care less if you have a brain so long as you have three ports of entry, you will find others who do care, but I think that finding those types of men is dependent upon the forum where you are pursuing these men. Even though this isn't a dating/hook up site, many people take it as such and act accordingly.

In summation, if you don't think that the pool of potential mates suits your needs, then change where you are looking.
Well said. So I agree with the "3 ports of entry", but maybe it should be "3 ports of entry, with 1 alleyway (for in between the breast)":)

For one, specializing in a field doesn't necessarily make you an intellectual. My impression from this post is that you are not an intellectual in anything outside of your field of study (or, at best, little outside your field of study).

Two, the particular thing about your post that jumped out was the implied assertion that you connect, more or less, just as easily with an attractive woman who is a scientist or a bimbo. Personally that is disgusting to me, as I have much higher standards. Not to say that all bimbos possess mediocre intellectual ability or that all scientists are articulate, but "connect" means a lot more to me than "physically attracted to."

The responses you received answered your question as far as they pertain to this forum. This forum is, on the whole, completely anti-intellectual. Look at how many people responded saying they have a degree -- implying as if that, in and of itself, gives them more than a modicum of intellectual ability -- and then defensively bring up grammar and the false dichotomy of "you don't come here for an intellectual conversation."

Why are the two mutually exclusive? And why must you be seeking an intellectual conversation if you simply value the ability of someone to express themselves? -rolls eyes-

To the OP: Reddit is much better about this than here. So is FetLife. In my experience this is a terrible place to find a suitable partner of any caliber.
All im saying is you are more likey to be intelligent if you study a difficult field. I dont see a lot of unintelligent people who study physics or engineering. The probability of finding an unintelligent person without a degree is probably higher. Not saying a degree automatically makes you smart.

I dont understand how being able to connect with a bimbo and a smart person is digusting? Are you telling me im ****** to only connect with smart individuals? Who you connect is not limited to intelligence. I dont care if someone is really intelligent or unintelligent i can still relate to them in some way and connect with them.

Not to mention i do think intelligence is dynamic. People display a large degree of intelligence or a small degree of intelligence in certain aspects of life.

A bimbo is a physically attractive, but vapid, woman. Yes, being attracted to vapidness is disgusting to me. I specifically said "personally"; in no way did I suggest the same should be the dame for you or anyone else.

A "difficult" field? What field isn't difficult? "Intellectual," in its purest form, has nothing to do with socially accepted "difficult" fields. It simply means those who learn for the sake of learning.

A bimbo is a physically attractive, but vapid, woman. (...)
i don`t know if a "bimbo" necessarily has traits that can be seen as "physically attractive", but she certainly pushes herself to be that - and often overdoes. But i agree that a certain degree of shallowness comes with a "bimbo".

This is what i found on Urban Dictionary (i know, not a scientific source, but with many answers ;) ): "A girl who is stupid, wears lots of make up and is obsessed with boys and clothes. (...)" *lol*
(...) "Intellectual," (...) simply means those who learn for the sake of learning.
i like this definition, but i`d rather say "... for the sake of knowing."

i`d also say that carnal needs have hardly anything to do with ratio. Ratio follows a dual logic while emotions are diffuse. How can anything feel good and bad at the same time?

But you cannot seperate one from the other entirely. For a start, feeling comfortable is important and the key to it is sympathy. When someone is not enabled to feel sympathy for a person who doesn`t share some interests or has a different style in making conversation, then the OP`s point seems valid. jm2ct`s

Judging intellect, education, or erudition on an internet forum is tantamount to insanity. I have never seen any internet forum on any topic where the user base cares about grammar.

My wife wants us to get more involved in "the lifestyle," but then she reads the forums here on B2W. Then she loses interest in the "lifestyle." Most of the posts on these forums sound like they were written by people who are cognitively impaired. It's difficult to find the words "you're" or "their" anywhere on this site; "your" and "there" are the only forms you'll see here. A recent forum post was titled "How old was you when turned into blackmans slut...". Here's another example of a post in a recent forum thread:

"one day my ******* and I was talking and she ask me about a black friend of my our she met at our house then she ask me if I had sex with him ,at first I did not know what and she ask again this time I said yes , she just set there then ask if dad knew about it yes I said,next she ask about his cock how big was it could I take it all did I enjoy it ,,,she told she had thought sex with a black men but never had we talk a little more and I told her he was stoping by tonight would you like to meet him she just set there them look up smile and said yes sure what time ,,,,,,,,so to make a long storie short we both had sex with him that night ,,,,,,,mom and ******* first bbc together but not the last......I just love happy ending......."

The author of that post is not from Croatia or Singapore. They're from Kentucky. That post isn't an outlier. About half of B2W forum posts sound just like that one. I doubt that most contributors to the B2W forums know what an outlier is.

How did this happen? Are there smart people lurking here, pretending to be stupid when they post to the forums? Does this lifestyle attract people from the bottom of the normal spectrum of intelligence? Is there an anti-intellectual B2W culture that causes smart people to feel like they should hide it, or is the B2W community actually as stupid as it seems?
There are all types of people on these sites. the one you were referring to sounds like a person from a foreign country and does not know English very well. This fantasy is primarily a sexual one, it is not for people looking for highly intelligent discourse. It is possible that people with the ability to articulate their views can provide their opinions in this forum. But that does not mean everyone will agree with them. A wide variety of people contribute their ideas here, and it is not possible that everyone would agree with them or agree with their style of writing.

Back