Interracial marriage rate in US hits record high

Yes, I saw that article too.. It was also on ABC news last night. Now if we could just get the numbers of white women who have had sex with black men I'm sure the numbers would shock America... Trouble about that is we would only get the number from the ones who would proudly admit it and then you could probably double that amoun for those who have had BBC who are discreet about it. Also, this report only mentioned the percent of IR marriages and they don't include relationships like mine where we are living together.. I personally know 4 other IR couples that also live together but not married..

Yes, I saw that article too.. It was also on ABC news last night. Now if we could just get the numbers of white women who have had sex with black men I'm sure the numbers would shock America... Trouble about that is we would only get the number from the ones who would proudly admit it and then you could probably double that amoun for those who have had BBC who are discreet about it. Also, this report only mentioned the percent of IR marriages and they don't include relationships like mine where we are living together.. I personally know 4 other IR couples that also live together but not married..

I agree TOTALLY, particularly with your "had sex with black men" position. America want's to live a "June Cleaver" existence and we are ACTUALLY socially more progressive than their conservative mindset.

true, the numbers only reflect actual marriages, not co-habitation... but if you look at the rate for the past year alone, IR marriages were 15% of the total! they do include ALL races in that statistic, but break it down also. Mayers, i know the raw numbers aren't awesome, but it shows steady improvement over time. this is the right track to be on.

Back