How to deal with Black Boss

Hi everyone,

My boss is young black woman who joined with our company very recently. She is one of the really "pushy" ladies who would remember all your past misdeeds and would bring them to strike you in very moment you are not expecting.

Real problem happened today where during one on one project review she really pushed me and I cried in from of her, admitting that I am responsible for the delays in mistakes there (which is sadly true) and pleaded to her to forgive me. Very unprofessional on my part as you can imagine.

She left this meeting without saying the word. I don't really know what it means really. I am not sure if i can have my job tomorrow or not, but... I have a challenge. I really need this job.

I am not sure how to plead to here to forgive me. Complication is - she is 20 years younger than me, she is my boss and... she is right on all counts .

Please any suggestion what to do here?

I cannot really talk to my wife about this. I really hope it will blow over but i don't know how I would face here tomorrow.

Thank you

tumblr_ouh56aTAds1tmeetfo1_500.gif

In my job I never had a black boss. I had -many years ago- a tutor who was a black guy when I spent six months in USA for perfecting my preparation. He was 15 years older than me. I remember him like a true gentleman. Maybe one of the few black men I met who didn’t make the first move, even if- and I’m sure of it- he wanted to show me something more than his job. Unfortunately at the time I was only in the swinger couple mode, and we remained friends, but with no benefits...:lips:

Hi everyone,

My boss is young black woman who joined with our company very recently. She is one of the really "pushy" ladies who would remember all your past misdeeds and would bring them to strike you in very moment you are not expecting.

Real problem happened today where during one on one project review she really pushed me and I cried in from of her, admitting that I am responsible for the delays in mistakes there (which is sadly true) and pleaded to her to forgive me. Very unprofessional on my part as you can imagine.

She left this meeting without saying the word. I don't really know what it means really. I am not sure if i can have my job tomorrow or not, but... I have a challenge. I really need this job.

I am not sure how to plead to here to forgive me. Complication is - she is 20 years younger than me, she is my boss and... she is right on all counts .

Please any suggestion what to do here?

I cannot really talk to my wife about this. I really hope it will blow over but i don't know how I would face here tomorrow.

Thank you
If you are responsible for mistakes than you need to own up to those mistakes regardless of your boss, race or anything. If those mistakes are enough to get you fired then unfortunately that is how it is. I would recommend going in and owning up to the mistakes and then stating that you realize what they were and asking how to move beyond them.

Back