Did anyone watch the CNN show "The N word" last night?

CNN had a show on last night about the N word. I was wondering if anyone saw it and what they thought about it. I thought it was a well thought out show and they a wonderful panel on there discussing it. It kind of evolved it sound like from the Paula Dean episode but it was so encompassing and really well done. It was discussed by many black men and women and some white men and women and you got to see everyones different perspective of the word and the use of the word.

I caught it. Don Lemon did a phenomenal job! I thought that it was interesting that everyone seemed to find the "N-Word" more offensive than other "toxic" words, no matter how hurtful and despicable that they may be. I personally feel that the word has less power these days, and the more we talk about it, the more the power will diminish.

There were so many great opinions expressed I thought. And I have to agree that I think how it is used is more offensive or acceptable then the word itself.

There were so many great opinions expressed I thought. And I have to agree that I think how it is used is more offensive or acceptable then the word itself.

Agreed! I think that the conversation should have been had after that SNL skit in the 70's (which was hilarious btw). That would have been perfect timing.

Back