Can you be a Christian and have afairs outside the mariage.

It's about context. In the 'real world', having an affair means deceiving your partner by being unfaithful & having a sexual relationship without their knowledge. In cuckoldry / hot wifing the sexual relationship occurs with the partner's knowledge / encouragement & gives them pleasure so the deceit & cheating aspect no longer applies. So yes, I believe you can be a Christian & have sex with other people with your partner's consent.

Is she against divorce? Tell her what the bible says about people who divorce.

8He said to them, "Because of your hardness of heart Moses permitted you to divorce your wives; but from the beginning it has not been this way. 9"And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery." 10The disciples said to Him, "If the relationship of the man with his wife is like this, it is better not to marry."…​

Or eating pork
Leviticus 11:7-8 reads:
And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.​
etc etc

The most important thing is staying faithful to each other, you set the parameters of what that means. If that means monogamy or fucking other men. As long as you both agree to it you are acting in good faith. And if she is a christian, to god.

Romans 12:9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
My 2 cents as an atheist who did a theology minor and with a love for religious history..

re: Can you be a Christian and have afairs outside the marriage

No. You can believe anything you wish, but the Christian faith isn't going to make allowances for your convenience. So, listen if you wish to those who say you can, but the last fucking you'll get is when you are judged in heaven.

Old Christian Joke: A nuclear war occurs on Earth and millions of people are killed. As the people arrive in heaven to be judged, they find a huge line, a quarter mile wide and over 20 miles long lined up at the Pearly Gates to be judged by St. Peter for admittance to Heaven. Suddenly, the people towards the back of the line start hearing cheering and laughter coming from the front of the line; one guy from the back of the line steps out and yells "Hey, what's going on up there?" .... and someone from the front of the line steps out, and yells back "He said they weren't going to count FUCKING!"
gif_Preacher.gif So, who knows, maybe this will really happen when WE get to heaven to be judged.

I tend to agree with Mac on this one. Obviously, nobody knows the mind of God for sure, but he gives us pretty strong hints in the Bible. He is not a fan of adultery and, whether someone has permission or not, it is still sleeping with someone who is not your spouse, within the bounds of marriage.
I think if you were to ask a priest or pastor, you would probably get a similar response to Mac's and mine, minus the swearing.

I am a Christian. Most of the Black men I've shared my body with and all whom I've borne children by have been Christian.

-Angie
Which version of the bible do you read, IntegratedWife, that condones adultery?
You might be a believer in Christianity, and you might have even been baptized and "born again" at some point, but if you're married and having sex & children with men, other than your husband, you're not a Christian. It might be time to pull out and dust off your King James, or your Ignatius, and read: (Matthews 5:28-29)

a·dul·ter·y (noun): voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a person who is not his or her spouse.

No use ending up in hell and not understanding why you're there, right? :p

Last edited:
Umm....Christians do it all the time, so the answer is "YES". In fact, I don't think religion stops anyone who wants to test out their freak.

It depends on how strongly you believe in and follow the Bible, Stride. If you follow the Bible strictly, God is pretty clear that he does not like Adultery. Can a Christian do it? Sure they can, but I don't think that was the question. Everyone is capable of doing it. I think the OP was more concerned with what the eternal results of committing adultery would be.

I tend to agree with Mac on this one. Obviously, nobody knows the mind of God for sure, but he gives us pretty strong hints in the Bible. He is not a fan of adultery and, whether someone has permission or not, it is still sleeping with someone who is not your spouse, within the bounds of marriage.
I think if you were to ask a priest or pastor, you would probably get a similar response to Mac's and mine, minus the swearing.
well i'll be dammed, maybe there is a heaven, @falcondfw69 agreeing and making peace with @MacNfries. And just when I thought I've seen everything on here:bigsmile:.

I haven't found many topics of interest for me to contribute on here for a while but this is a funny one. I won't get into a whole religious debate on here with people but as the 'good book' says:

Matthew 7:1-3 King James Version (KJV)
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged:
and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Now with that being said ponder these few Christian Biblical stories about people having affairs outside of marriage and I haven't yet even begun to get started and I could post all day. I won't say anything and I'll just let the Bible speak for itself and let you ponder over these things and draw your own conclusions:

John 8:1-11New Living Translation (NLT)
A Woman Caught in Adultery
1 Jesus returned to the Mount of Olives,

2 but early the next morning he was back again at the Temple. A crowd soon gathered, and he sat down and taught them.

3 As he was speaking, the teachers of religious law and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in the act of adultery. They put her in front of the crowd.

4 “Teacher,” they said to Jesus, “this woman was caught in the act of adultery.

5 The law of Moses says to stone her. What do you say?”

6 They were trying to trap him into saying something they could use against him, but Jesus stooped down and wrote in the dust with his finger.

7 They kept demanding an answer, so he stood up again and said, “All right, but let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone!

8 Then he stooped down again and wrote in the dust.

9 When the accusers heard this, they slipped away one by one, beginning with the oldest, until only Jesus was left in the middle of the crowd with the woman.

10 Then Jesus stood up again and said to the woman, “Where are your accusers? Didn’t even one of them condemn you?

11 “No, Lord,” she said.

And Jesus said, “Neither do I. Go and sin no more.

Matthew 5:31-32 - It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:

Luke 16:18 - Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from [her] husband committeth adultery.

Romans 7:2 - For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to [her] husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of [her] husband.

Contradictions there but ok. You put away the wife, and marry another that is adultery but don't you usually get divorced before you marry again and a woman is bound to her husband as long as he lives, but what happens after your divorced and he is still alive? Hard to read the old english sometimes.

Genesis 16:3-6 King James Version (KJV)
3 And Sarai Abram's wife took Hagar her maid the Egyptian, after Abram had dwelt ten years in the land of Canaan, and gave her to her husband Abram to be his wife.

4 And he went in unto Hagar, and she conceived: and when she saw that she had conceived, her mistress was despised in her eyes.

5 And Sarai said unto Abram, My wrong be upon thee: I have given my maid into thy bosom; and when she saw that she had conceived, I was despised in her eyes: the Lord judge between me and thee.

6 But Abram said unto Sarai, Behold, thy maid is in thine hand; do to her as it pleaseth thee. And when Sarai dealt hardly with her, she fled from her face.

AND THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE BIBLE STORIES OUT OF ALL OF THEM BELOW. THIS MIGHT JUST BE ONE OF THE MOST GANGSTA THINGS ONE MAN HAS EVER DONE TO GET ANOTHER MAN'S WIFE (MAKE SURE YOU READ THE WHOLE STORY):

2 Samuel 11:1-27 King James Version (KJV)
1 And it came to pass, after the year was expired, at the time when kings go forth to battle, that David sent Joab, and his servants with him, and all Israel; and they destroyed the children of Ammon, and besieged Rabbah. But David tarried still at Jerusalem.

2 And it came to pass in an eveningtide, that David arose from off his bed, and walked upon the roof of the king's house: and from the roof he saw a woman washing herself; and the woman was very beautiful to look upon.

3 And David sent and enquired after the woman. And one said, Is not this Bathsheba, the ******* of Eliam, the wife of Uriah the Hittite?

4 And David sent messengers, and took her; and she came in unto him, and he lay with her; for she was purified from her uncleanness: and she returned unto her house.

5 And the woman conceived, and sent and told David, and said, I am with baby.

6 And David sent to Joab, saying, Send me Uriah the Hittite. And Joab sent Uriah to David.

7 And when Uriah was come unto him, David demanded of him how Joab did, and how the people did, and how the war prospered.

8 And David said to Uriah, Go down to thy house, and wash thy feet. And Uriah departed out of the king's house, and there followed him a mess of meat from the king.

9 But Uriah slept at the door of the king's house with all the servants of his lord, and went not down to his house.

10 And when they had told David, saying, Uriah went not down unto his house, David said unto Uriah, Camest thou not from thy journey? why then didst thou not go down unto thine house?

11 And Uriah said unto David, The ark, and Israel, and Judah, abide in tents; and my lord Joab, and the servants of my lord, are encamped in the open fields; shall I then go into mine house, to eat and to *******, and to lie with my wife? as thou livest, and as thy soul liveth, I will not do this thing.

12 And David said to Uriah, Tarry here to day also, and to morrow I will let thee depart. So Uriah abode in Jerusalem that day, and the morrow.

13 And when David had called him, he did eat and ******* before him; and he made him *******: and at even he went out to lie on his bed with the servants of his lord, but went not down to his house.

14 And it came to pass in the morning, that David wrote a letter to Joab, and sent it by the hand of Uriah.

15 And he wrote in the letter, saying, Set ye Uriah in the forefront of the hottest battle, and retire ye from him, that he may be smitten, and die.

16 And it came to pass, when Joab observed the city, that he assigned Uriah unto a place where he knew that valiant men were.

17 And the men of the city went out, and fought with Joab: and there fell some of the people of the servants of David; and Uriah the Hittite died also.

18 Then Joab sent and told David all the things concerning the war;

19 And charged the messenger, saying, When thou hast made an end of telling the matters of the war unto the king,

20 And if so be that the king's wrath arise, and he say unto thee, Wherefore approached ye so nigh unto the city when ye did fight? knew ye not that they would shoot from the wall?

21 Who smote Abimelech the ******* of Jerubbesheth? did not a woman cast a piece of a millstone upon him from the wall, that he died in Thebez? why went ye nigh the wall? then say thou, Thy servant Uriah the Hittite is dead also.

22 So the messenger went, and came and shewed David all that Joab had sent him for.

23 And the messenger said unto David, Surely the men prevailed against us, and came out unto us into the field, and we were upon them even unto the entering of the gate.

24 And the shooters shot from off the wall upon thy servants; and some of the king's servants be dead, and thy servant Uriah the Hittite is dead also.

25 Then David said unto the messenger, Thus shalt thou say unto Joab, Let not this thing displease thee, for the sword devoureth one as well as another: make thy battle more strong against the city, and overthrow it: and encourage thou him.

26 And when the wife of Uriah heard that Uriah her husband was dead, she mourned for her husband.

27 And when the mourning was past, David sent and fetched her to his house, and she became his wife, and bare him a *******. But the thing that David had done displeased the Lord.

.... I have to goto bed but this is enough for you to read for one night. I'll post more later and there are alot more about 'people having affairs outside of marriage' from the Christian Bible. :blackgreedy:

~BBB76

Pleace tell me can you be a Christian and have afiars with other people
Personally as a agnostic, I say yes and no. Yes because your faith is up to you and how you befine it and between your God. No because the rules are set and that is one of the rules. Now as a person who has studied world religions ,I personally think the abrahamic religions are full of *******. Designed by men for men,and when they spread outside the middle East the world became bipolar not healthy. So my advice to you is read your faith book and ask yourself this. Why is it okay for a man to have multiple lovers and not women?

Joseph and Mary were married and she was impregnated! ? Not necessarily by another man and nor was it his and that baby was Jesus. Something to ponder! ?

[QUOTE="Robnjenn, post: 960243, member: 528tge]Joseph and Mary were married and she was impregnated! ? Not necessarily by another man and nor was it his and that baby was Jesus. Something to ponder! ?[/QUOTE]

Joseph and Mary, along with the people of the people of the Old Testament and the Gospels, weren't Christians, they were Jews.

Joseph and Mary had Jesus. New testament! Old testament for told the coming of Christ / hence CHRISTians and the Jews did not believe Christ was the ******* of GOD. Old testament was the law. The Jews killed Jesus for that reason and not the Romans! Pialat did not want to crucify Jesus and that's why he offered up Barnsbus.

Joseph and Mary had Jesus. New testament! Old testament for told the coming of Christ / hence CHRISTians and the Jews did not believe Christ was the ******* of GOD. Old testament was the law. The Jews killed Jesus for that reason and not the Romans! Pialat did not want to crucify Jesus and that's why he offered up Barnsbus.

I'm aware of which Testament is which, I was pointing out that bringing up Mary and Joseph in a thread referencing Christianity was a bit puzzling.

Back