Can you be a Christian and have afairs outside the mariage.

As a Christian myself this verse of the Bible puzzles me? As it contradicts the general theme of not having sex outside of marriage: Can any find any fault against Hosea 1:2??? It states:

Hosea’s Wife and Children
2 When the Lord began to speak through Hosea, the Lord said to him, “Go, marry a promiscuous woman and have children with her, for like an adulterous wife this land is guilty of unfaithfulness to the Lord.” 3 So he married Gomer ******* of Diblaim, and she conceived and bore him a *******.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
he did this to show that He was being merciful to a straying land (Israel) and that despite her unfaithfulness, He was going to legitimize and restore Israel..like Gomer. I love this lesson. there's one in Genesis " I will take your wives and give them to other men, who will have them in front of you.("Par)
God doesn't have any problem with sex, After all He allowed slaves and concubines, multiple wives eta MOST of His favorite guys had them and some were incestuous or adulterous. Even David's crime wasn't having Bathsheba, it was plotting the death of her hubby. Abraham traded sarah at LEAST twice that we know of, and it wasn't until God wanted to start a nation that He stopped that cold. ******* was compenasable in the old testament as long as the guy got some payment..which isn't far from *******,..But even Abe got his wife's maid preggers to her behest., which became the nation of Islam..so no, don't think God is a repressionist God, but He hates deceit, lying, and the umbrella it is under.

he did this to show that He was being merciful to a straying land (Israel) and that despite her unfaithfulness, He was going to legitimize and restore Israel..like Gomer. I love this lesson. there's one in Genesis " I will take your wives and give them to other men, who will have them in front of you.("Par)
God doesn't have any problem with sex, After all He allowed slaves and concubines, multiple wives eta MOST of His favorite guys had them and some were incestuous or adulterous. Even David's crime wasn't having Bathsheba, it was plotting the death of her hubby. Abraham traded sarah at LEAST twice that we know of, and it wasn't until God wanted to start a nation that He stopped that cold. ******* was compenasable in the old testament as long as the guy got some payment..which isn't far from *******,..But even Abe got his wife's maid preggers to her behest., which became the nation of Islam..so no, don't think God is a repressionist God, but He hates deceit, lying, and the umbrella it is under.
I'll have to memorize your arguments on Judgment Day, but would this be the narrow path as described in Matthew 7:13-14?

"13 Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it"

Last edited:
The 10 Commandments List in Exodus 20:2-17

You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”

I pretty much take that as a straight up NO.

The 10 Commandments List in Exodus 20:2-17

You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”

I pretty much take that as a straight up NO.
But if you don't necessarily covet until hubby says he wants you too, does that still count?

But if you don't necessarily covet until hubby says he wants you too, does that still count?
I think Revelation 2:20-23 answers your question:

20 Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols.21 I have given her time to repent of her immorality, but she is unwilling. 22 So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways. 23 I will strike her children dead.

I think coveting something is coveting something no matter how you spin it, the only time it's ok according to the commandments is if the object is owned by no one (or if it's for sale by the owner) or if the person is single. That's how I interpret it. I'm not the most religious person out there but I try to follow the 10 commandments as much as possible so that means no wife play or cheating among other things.

As a single black male here and no women locally seeking long term, because for whatever reason these women are already married to white guys, I can reflect. Not ultra religious, and I don't formally belong to any church and so I don't fall into any specific doctrine, but I do read the Bible for myself, I read history as others might know on this site for my other posts. I don't walk on water but I do the best I can with the 10 Commandments also and repent.

l

seriously? youre going to try to use atomic chemistry to justify blind faith? lmao
Why not? An atheist can argue one can not see God, and one cannot touch God. Therefore God does not exist. Similarly, atoms are too small so you cannot see them, and atoms are so small you cannot sense them by touch. Therefore, atoms do not exist by that logic. However, we both agree that atoms exist which as you rightfully say there is a science of chemistry that specializes in atoms. So, if one can be mistaken about something which you cannot see or touch, why do you deny the possibility that you could be wrong about God who one cannot touch or see much like the atom?

lol im not even an atheist. this two medieval minded self righteous clowns are so lost its entertaining

and for the record i debate christians on the regular and have entire social media accounts for the purpose of dialogue on the savagery of islam and christianity. i simply choose not to debate here because its not my intention on this site. so you are correct in the sense that im rabble rousing as far as this thread goes.

serious question though: when your belief system exhibits most traits of mental illness, why do you always get surprised when people wont debate you? you want us to argue with your belief in imaginary ******* so bad so you can generate tht self righteous feeling that fuels the ability to overlook living in a constant state of cognitive dissonance
Again you started it with me as you simply wanted to ask a question.
can i ask you a real ass question?
And I believe I can defend Christianity, but I can't defend Islam. With what Al-Qaeda, DAESH aka ISIS / ISIL, Boko Haram, Abu Sayyaf, and other Muslim groups are doing I can neither support nor defend their activities.

(...)

And I believe I can defend Christianity, but I can't defend Islam. With what Al-Qaeda, DAESH aka ISIS / ISIL, Boko Haram, Abu Sayyaf, and other Muslim groups are doing I can neither support nor defend their activities.
Those are not religious groups in terms of the Quran/Islam. Many of their top level activities stand in contradiction to the Quran.

Those are not religious groups in terms of the Quran/Islam. Many of their top level activities stand in contradiction to the Quran.
They are actually very literally following the teachings and life of Mohammed. Who on earth told you this nonsense? you clearly never ever read the quran. Which I can understand as it is a terrible read. Ffr you can consult this Yale course, especially sessions 14 and 15 http://oyc.yale.edu/history/hist-210/lecture-14

For direct examples of events being in perfect accordance with Mohammed's teachings a quick google would suffice.
Again you started it with me as you simply wanted to ask a question.

Jesus is a saint compared to Mohammed (pun intended). But to say the bible and the church as a whole can be defended while islam can not is not logical imo. Every religion has a path. Right now the xtian church is an out of touch institution that has lost it's cultural homeland. The Europeans have declared god dead. All that is left of the church is a shell with no meaningful infrastructure in the societies that upheld the church. The pope has no interest in the genocide of xtians in the middle east. You can be a pacifist, if that is what you think Jesus preached, and still call out the genocide for what it is any chance you get. Instead the pope has adopted the neo-marxist ideology of nihilism. Nihilism is not something to defend imo.

As a christian it is perfectly fine for you not being able to defend islam. Why on earth would you? However, the reason behind that stance should not be out of some sort of moral supremacy. Morals are ever changing and relative.

I was raised a xtian but would describe myself as a non practising christian. Denouncing something that is ingrained in every aspect of my life is just stupid. Christian by birth so to speak - I'm agnostic in the sense that I don't know absolute truth. But I also appreciate paganism as part of my heritage for instance.

Last edited:
It depends on how strongly you believe in and follow the Bible, Stride. If you follow the Bible strictly, God is pretty clear that he does not like Adultery. Can a Christian do it? Sure they can, but I don't think that was the question. Everyone is capable of doing it. I think the OP was more concerned with what the eternal results of committing adultery would be.
The question was, quite literally "....can you be a Christian and have afiars with other people"? So as you acknowledge, the answer is "Yes". If he is asking about what the "eternal results of committing adultery would be", then he should rephrase the question. But let's assume that you are right. In that case it depends. If he prays for forgiveness (assuming sincerely), then the result is "Nothing". If he doesn't sincerely repent, then if I remembered right...it's hell fire. So either way, there is redemption. But if a person is on here, according to the good book, they are already sinning. If you are gonna get punished, or be guilty for something, why not go all in - literally?

Yes you can....
"The biggest sin is to fuck someone without telling me"- Kanye West

Seeing that you are commenting on what I said here:

And you responded with:
They are actually very literally following the teachings and life of Mohammed. Who on earth told you this nonsense? you clearly never ever read the quran. Which I can understand as it is a terrible read. Ffr you can consult this Yale course, especially sessions 14 and 15 http://oyc.yale.edu/history/hist-210/lecture-14

For direct examples of events being in perfect accordance with Mohammed's teachings a quick google would suffice.

Jesus is a saint compared to Mohammed (pun intended). But to say the bible and the church as a whole can be defended while islam can not is not logical imo. Every religion has a path. Right now the xtian church is an out of touch institution that has lost it's cultural homeland. The Europeans have declared god dead. All that is left of the church is a shell with no meaningful infrastructure in the societies that upheld the church. The pope has no interest in the genocide of xtians in the middle east. You can be a pacifist, if that is what you think Jesus preached, and still call out the genocide for what it is any chance you get. Instead the pope has adopted the neo-marxist ideology of nihilism. Nihilism is not something to defend imo.

As a christian it is perfectly fine for you not being able to defend islam. Why on earth would you? However, the reason behind that stance should not be out of some sort of moral supremacy. Morals are ever changing and relative.

I was raised a xtian but would describe myself as a non practising christian. Denouncing something that is ingrained in every aspect of my life is just stupid. Christian by birth so to speak - I'm agnostic in the sense that I don't know absolute truth. But I also appreciate paganism as part of my heritage for instance.

I'll try to address your points. How is it that you attempt to defend the quran when you yourself say:
you clearly never ever read the quran. Which I can understand as it is a terrible read.
If a muslim were to read that he/she would be greatly upset with you.
I am not a Muslim nor do I have training with the quran so I cannot defend it so I will not embarrass myself trying to do so and enrage others that are muslim in doing so. There are hundreds of religions around the world. I don't suppose that you can accurately defend every one of them at a moment's notice? Can you? I know what the Bible says and I can defend it.

Moreover, among all religions Jesus as Saviour is the only path as John 14:6 states:
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the *******, but by me."

You rightfully state:
Right now the xtian church is an out of touch institution that has lost it's cultural homeland. The Europeans have declared god dead. All that is left of the church is a shell with no meaningful infrastructure in the societies that upheld the church.
And see the results of abandoning God with Brexit, terrorism within Europe, and a massive debt in Europe that the UK is trying not to be chained with and the same goes for France after the upcoming election today. And they too would also love to do a Frexit also. In the past when the nation of Israel fell astray God raised the nation of Ai in Joshua 7 to humble Israel. Similarly all these calamities and more will humble Europe unless they change their ways.

You rightfully state that:
You can be a pacifist, if that is what you think Jesus preached, and still call out the genocide for what it is any chance you get. Instead the pope has adopted the neo-marxist ideology of nihilism. Nihilism is not something to defend imo.
But at times certain conflicts must be fought. For instance if the Nephilim still existed we would not be having this conversation as they would destroy us. And David killing Goliath. Killing is wrong, but if one were to ******* the killers you are saving society. If you feel otherwise you can go on CNN and defend the actions of Al Qaeda, Boko Haram, Abu Sayyaf, and all the other terrorists out there if you can.

I too was Christian by birth, and I don't claim to know all the answers, but I follow the Bible and find the truths from that and I don't focus on doctrine otherwise I'd be pulled in by lies of doctrines of various sects like Ellen G White, or Mormonism, or the R.C. church.

Back