Blocking other members - do you? If so, why?

Mariposa blanca

Female
Real Person
Gold Member
From
Canada
Just curious. I have blocked some members, for various reasons. Personally, I don't want to read posts about turning your teen or pre-teen daughters on to BBC, racial supremacy, that kind of stuff. So, if I see those kind of inflammatory posts, I will put that person on ignore.

Also, if someone attacks me on a personal level, I will put them on ignore as well.

I believe that debate, and hearing other views, is a good thing, but these are examples of my limits.

Your input? Do you block? What compels you to make that decision?

Last edited:
I have blocked a couple of people who have been abusive or just plain rude.
I had one guy from here contact me on yahoo. When I replied back, he messaged me saying "Bitch shut up u ugly." This was uncalled-for, since I had said nothing offensive. Needless to say, I blocked him both here and on yahoo. I don't need (or deserve) that kind of negativity.

Just curious. I have blocked some members, for various reasons. Personally, I don't want to read posts about turning your teen or pre-teen daughters on to BBC, racial supremacy, that kind of stuff. So, if I see those kind of inflammatory posts, I will put that person on ignore.

Also, if someone attacks me on a personal level, I will put them on ignore as well.

I believe that debate, and hearing other views, is a good thing, but these are examples of my limits.

There have been people from time to time that I find annoying but I haven't blocked anyone yet. I get contacts from time to time that want to know how big I am and other non sense question like that. I just don't respond. I think a woman probably needs to be more proactive. I have come to the conclusion a number of years ago that there are a significant number on men that really don't like women. They don't have any concept of what you or I would consider a normal relationship. I think when you are confronted with a person with that attitude the logical thing to do is to eliminate all contact. I think this is a problem that is many times more likely to happen to women than to men. It really comes down to what you are willing to put with.

I had one guy from here contact me on yahoo. When I replied back, he messaged me saying "Bitch shut up u ugly." This was uncalled-for, since I had said nothing offensive. Needless to say, I blocked him both here and on yahoo. I don't need (or deserve) that kind of negativity.
There is no reason to put up with anything like that. Sometimes it is embarrassing to be a man.

There is no reason to put up with anything like that. Sometimes it is embarrassing to be a man.
Ah, but Torpedo, being a man is more than just having something hanging between your legs and having reached a certain age. At least from the perspective of many women, the main factor to being a man is behaving like one. :) So, from that standpoint, you can be proud to "represent".

Ah, but Torpedo, being a man is more than just having something hanging between your legs and having reached a certain age. At least from the perspective of many women, the main factor to being a man is behaving like one. :) So, from that standpoint, you can be proud to "represent".
I may have blushed a bit when I read that.

I may have blushed a bit when I read that.
Awww c'mon, Torpedo, you know by now that you are one of a small number of men on this site that I think the world of. I hope the others know exactly who they are. :)

You are a quality human being, and I know I'm not the only one on here who feels that way.

I had one guy after saying hi in one mail to saying 'what's up cntu' in the following one. Blocked

Then another guy telling me to send him $1000 and an air ticket and 'he would plan' a visit....Blocked
It's bad enough to be called an obscenity it's worse when they can't spell and you have to figure out what they are saying. :frantic:A thousand dollars and a plane ticket? I will wager he likely doesn't have much of a backlog:bounce:

Pretty much the same reasons here. Sex and adult conversation is for adults, when they prove themselves immature,arrogant or just plain stupid it's beyond even bothering with.

Oh, I absolutely block, or ignore people! Life is too short, and time is too precious, to waste it on emotional vampires who drain your energy and suck the joy out of life. I'm on here for sexy adult fun and entertainment, to connect with open-minded people, and have no patience for hatefulness, bullshit, or drama.

Sorry ladies for the absolutely ignorant assholes who come to you with such disgusting and revolting comments. It's obvious they have no contact with real women to exhibit such disrespect. The same thing is on Match.com, ladies tell me that some of the stuff they get is outrageous and ignorant. They just block and move on. Besides guys like that are only trolling for bottom of barrel women-crack heads, $5 BJs etc..osp

So when you block or ignor a member what happens. are they able to read your posts and make comments? Or is anything you post no longer available for them to read. All they know is you no longer exist?

Good questions.
I'm also wondering if the person who is blocked, knows they are blocked?

I've had to block a few but honestly, they're always "new members" never well known or verified guys. It comes with the territory

"Ignore" means their comments disappear. If someone you have listed as Ignored posts in a thread you read you are notified that "an Ignored member" posted in the thread, but their comments will not be visible (to you). They can't contact you through the conversation option on the site. Don't use it much, since you can always not skip over comments you don't much like.

We confine the "Ignore" option to the very few on here who make pretty much the same extreme comments in every post, no matter the topic of the thread. In other words, those few folks who use posts to provoke arguments, whether they actually believe what they say or not. AKA "Trolls".

Back