Bareback, Hot or Not?

I rarely use a condom but all my activity is within a relatively closed group. For me a condom detracts from the intimacy. However I always make sure that a reliable method of birth control is used and/or the woman is surgically safe, as I am. Two methods of birth control should always be employed.

One thing I have found interesting, is that for many women that are surgically safe or have had hysterectomies are very turned on or even orgasm when I come in them even though there is no chance of them getting pregnant. There seems to be something about the act of the male ejaculating into her that many women find very stimulating

Sex without condoms is largely a waste of time for me. I have noticed the feelings of well-being and health are much greater without a condom than with. And, after delving into the research (preliminary so far; I'd love to be pointed to more sources!), the risk of STDs are laughably overstated. It's a bunch of fear-mongering and propaganda.

I'm still selective, because I have much more to lose than to gain (and because I can afford to be), but I would never even think about pursuing something with a couple/woman who espoused "safe sex" as one of the first things out of their mouth.

Sex without condoms is largely a waste of time for me. I have noticed the feelings of well-being and health are much greater without a condom than with. And, after delving into the research (preliminary so far; I'd love to be pointed to more sources!), the risk of STDs are laughably overstated. It's a bunch of fear-mongering and propaganda.

I'm still selective, because I have much more to lose than to gain (and because I can afford to be), but I would never even think about pursuing something with a couple/woman who espoused "safe sex" as one of the first things out of their mouth.

One of my very dear friends from univ is HIV positive, and has been for several years. I value his opinion greatly. If I ever had to tell him that I had been reckless and was now positive as well, the look in his eyes would shatter me. Trust me, HIV may no longer mean a certain death sentence in the near future, but it's no fun to live with, from what I hear from him.

If me asking a guy to use a condom, to be safe, would be a deal-breaker for him, then I wouldn't want to be with him anyway. Sex might be fantastic, but even the greatest sex isn't worth your health and well-being. Once trust is earned, on both sides, then fine. But that isn't instantaneous.

One of my very dear friends from univ is HIV positive, and has been for several years. I value his opinion greatly. If I ever had to tell him that I had been reckless and was now positive as well, the look in his eyes would shatter me. Trust me, HIV may no longer mean a certain death sentence in the near future, but it's no fun to live with, from what I hear from him.

If me asking a guy to use a condom, to be safe, would be a deal-breaker for him, then I wouldn't want to be with him anyway. Sex might be fantastic, but even the greatest sex isn't worth your health and well-being. Once trust is earned, on both sides, then fine. But that isn't instantaneous.
Everybody has a comfort level. I wouldn't have sex with anyone that didn't have a clean medical. It is no guarantee but reduces the risk to a level I am comfortable with. A good part of any good sexual encounter is trust and respect. If someone balks at meeting a reasonable request you probably don't want to share a bed with them.

Within the group I belong to I don't use condoms and I don't think anyone else does either. However we all get checked a couple of times a year. and one of the big things is sexual activity is restricted to members of the group and your spouse. Not a totally fool proof system but it has worked for us.

Last edited:

We also have friends (yes, multiple) who are HIV+ as well as too many more who have herpes.
Knock on wood, we've been lucky, but we've been monogamous due to insisting on co-testing with any prospects, none of whom have as yet come up totally STD/STI free, men or women.

It was heartbreaking to have one friend visit with us for a week and see the separate carry on suitcase he had to bring just to carry all the pills for his "cocktail". The bag was full and he still needed to have his doctor call in a prescription for him to pick up locally.

Definitely not a happy way to have to live, especially if you have to do a lot of travelling as he does. :(

We also have friends (yes, multiple) who are HIV+ as well as too many more who have herpes.
Knock on wood, we've been lucky, but we've been monogamous due to insisting on co-testing with any prospects, none of whom have as yet come up totally STD/STI free, men or women.

It was heartbreaking to have one friend visit with us for a week and see the separate carry on suitcase he had to bring just to carry all the pills for his "cocktail". The bag was full and he still needed to have his doctor call in a prescription for him to pick up locally.

Definitely not a happy way to have to live, especially if you have to do a lot of travelling as he does. :(
Yes, my friend has to deal with that same cocktail. I'm just incredibly thankful that there are at least meds available. He's been in my life for 25 years now, and I love him dearly, and I'm not even close to ready to say goodbye to him yet

Back