Advice Nobody Asked For #2: How to Take "No" Gracefully

BlackManBlackCock

Male
Real Person
From
Slovakia
Hello, ladies and gentlemen.

Once again, I am here to key in on another one of the many social faux pas I see during my everyday browsing on this lovely site. Feel free to disregard what I'm saying as the ramblings of a young man who has no idea what he's talking about.

Rejection hurts. You go out of you way to express your interest in getting to know someone only for them to let you know that the feeling isn't mutual. To those of you out there who realize that you can't please or enjoy spending time with everyone, this isn't for you. However, you are more than welcome to read this until the end. Maybe the information here will strike a chord, and you'll think of someone who desperately needs to understand why you're not willing to continue associating with them. Feel free to send them here, and I'll rub this soothing ointment over their undoubtedly bruised egos.
Now, if you are any of these things:
  • Irrational
  • Childish
  • Ignorant
  • Overly Sensitive
  • Prone to lashing out
  • Any synonym of the other items on this list
I want you to take a deep breath. Yeah, that's right. In through the nose, out through the mouth. You're going to need a clear mind and a calm heart because you have messed everything up.

No, don't click away yet. I'm not here to attack, lambaste or mock you. I just want to help you understand why you're here. There could be many reasons, and I'm going to narrow them down a bit for you. I know this may seem condescending, but I am being one-hundred percent genuine. First, I want you to take a look at this. Read it carefully. If that didn't clear everything up, then we have a lot of work to do.

I hope you're comfortable, because this is going to be a long one.

Have you ever:
  • Had to let someone know that you're, "Way out of their league" after they showed disinterest?
  • Continued to flood a person's inbox with unwanted, or very hurtful messages after they haven't responded immediately to one of yours?
  • Meticulously watched the activity feed of someone you're having a conversation with, just to see if they're actively ignoring you?
If your answer is anything other than a vehement "No" then I'm personally ecstatic that nobody has been unfortunate enough to meet you in person. You must be the type who flies off the handle if a stiff breeze passes over your incredibly large, yet surprisingly fragile ego.

Nobody likes a sore loser, and by acting like a complete dunce all you do is ensure that the undeserving object of your ire spreads the word about you. This is a very good thing, because you could be an extremely unsafe play partner.

It's foolish to think that someone who is unable to reign themselves in and act like an adult online is capable of doing so in person. It's even more foolish to think that the very same someone can be trusted enough to take care of another person when that person is at their most vulnerable.

It all boils down to this: If you can't accept "No" in a casual environment, it shows that you are extremely unlikely to accept when someone uses their safe word. Your lashing out is terrifying because, if you didn't do it then, it was only a matter of time before you seriously injured or traumatized someone after slipping through the cracks.

The people who reject you haven't just dodged a bullet. They faced the firing squad and came out unscathed. Do some serious soul searching and sort yourself out before trying to send messages or suggest meetings.

"But BlackManBlackCock, I'm actually a really nice-"
Shhhhh... No you're not.

This type of behavior is extremely unhealthy, and it has no place in any community. Don't worry, though. I have a few suggestions that may help you get over yourself and learn to empathize a little bit.
  • Understand that nobody is obligated to respond.
  • If they like what you have to say, they will get back to you. I promise.
  • Sometimes they can forget. They're human, just like you. Take a deep breath, close the computer and go do something else.
I certainly hope you enjoyed this read, and would appreciate any feedback you have to offer. Am I right? Am I wrong? Should I write another? Should I abandon this futile endeavor because the people who need this advice probably won't read it? Let me know so I can continue to improve!

Have you ever noticed how crazy the comments on photos or videos can be sometimes? If you're the type of person who types messages like, "Oh baby, I wish that was me..." You may need to read the next installment of Advice Nobody Asked For: Comment Etiquette

Of course!
Thank you, I've seen this happen so many times on there and honestly it's a big part of what brought me to this site, and honestly to black men in general was they had much higher level of understanding how the lifestyle works and the ability to respect my boundaries. Thank you for elloquently putting into words things I've though so many times

Once again, I am here to key in on another one of the many social faux pas I see during my everyday browsing on this lovely site. Feel free to disregard what I'm saying as the ramblings of a young man who has no idea what he's talking about.

Rejection hurts. You go out of you way to express your interest in getting to know someone only for them to let you know that the feeling isn't mutual. To those of you out there who realize that you can't please or enjoy spending time with everyone, this isn't for you. However, you are more than welcome to read this until the end. Maybe the information here will strike a chord, and you'll think of someone who desperately needs to understand why you're not willing to continue associating with them. Feel free to send them here, and I'll rub this soothing ointment over their undoubtedly bruised egos.
  • Irrational
  • Childish
  • Ignorant
  • Overly Sensitive
  • Prone to lashing out
I want you to take a deep breath. Yeah, that's right. In through the nose, out through the mouth. You're going to need a clear mind and a calm heart because you have messed everything up.

No, don't click away yet. I'm not here to attack, lambaste or mock you. I just want to help you understand why you're here. There could be many reasons, and I'm going to narrow them down a bit for you. I know this may seem condescending, but I am being one-hundred percent genuine. First, I want you to take a look at this. Read it carefully. If that didn't clear everything up, then we have a lot of work to do.

Have you ever:
  • Had to let someone know that you're, "Way out of their league" after they showed disinterest?
  • Continued to flood a person's inbox with unwanted, or very hurtful messages after they haven't responded immediately to one of yours?
  • Meticulously watched the activity feed of someone you're having a conversation with, just to see if they're actively ignoring you?
If your answer is anything other than a vehement "No" then I'm personally ecstatic that nobody has been unfortunate enough to meet you in person. You must be the type who flies off the handle if a stiff breeze passes over your incredibly large, yet surprisingly fragile ego.

Nobody likes a sore loser, and by acting like a complete dunce all you do is ensure that the undeserving object of your ire spreads the word about you. This is a very good thing, because you could be an extremely unsafe play partner.

It's foolish to think that someone who is unable to reign themselves in and act like an adult online is capable of doing so in person. It's even more foolish to think that the very same someone can be trusted enough to take care of another person when that person is at their most vulnerable.

It all boils down to this: If you can't accept "No" in a casual environment, it shows that you are extremely unlikely to accept when someone uses their safe word. Your lashing out is terrifying because, if you didn't do it then, it was only a matter of time before you seriously injured or traumatized someone after slipping through the cracks.

The people who reject you haven't just dodged a bullet. They faced the firing squad and came out unscathed. Do some serious soul searching and sort yourself out before trying to send messages or suggest meetings.

Shhhhh... No you're not.

This type of behavior is extremely unhealthy, and it has no place in any community. Don't worry, though. I have a few suggestions that may help you get over yourself and learn to empathize a little bit.
  • Sometimes they can forget. They're human, just like you. Take a deep breath, close the computer and go do something else.
I certainly hope you enjoyed this read, and would appreciate any feedback you have to offer. Am I right? Am I wrong? Should I write another? Should I abandon this futile endeavor because the people who need this advice probably won't read it? Let me know so I can continue to improve!

Have you ever noticed how crazy the comments on photos or videos can be sometimes? If you're the type of person who types messages like, "Oh baby, I wish that was me..." You may need to read the next installment of Advice Nobody Asked For: Comment Etiquette
This is really great advice. Thanks for sharing.

• Irrational
  • Childish
  • Ignorant
  • Overly Sensitive
  • Prone to lashing out

Have you ever:

Shhhhh... No you're not.

I co-sign this MSG and great advice that no one asked for but sure needed to read and hear. Good looking out @BlackManBlackCock

~BBB76

Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 10.10.24 PM.png

Back