11 Things Not to Say to Someone in an Interracial Relationship

I should send this article to my parents and a few other family members who have dis-owned me since I started dating my black boyfriend years ago.. But then thinking about it, it would probably just piss them off and leave another racist remark. Since this was so long ago, I don't even think about them any longer. It's just sad there are so many racist and bigots in todays society, especially when it's your own family members who are included in this sad group of people.. I absolutely have no regrets in the path I have chosen and very much like this girl, I'm very happy with my black boyfriend. I'm so happy she posted this and I praise her for doing so. We should see more of this..

One never knows when Cupid is going to shoot that damn arrow, that's for sure ... but having just read the article (good one by the way) I made 2 notations:
The word "snowbunny" and the phrase "once you go black" are used by black folks a lot more than white folks.
................................gif_cupid.gif .View attachment 563032
gif_Love.gif

Last edited:
What are you trying to say by this? Is there any particular difference about who says it?
(BTW i like your new avatar. You two look even happier in it.)

Thank you, for the avatar compliment, myway. I try to change the avatar 3-4 times a year or so. And we are a very happy couple. She tolerates a lot of my grouchiness.

The reason I mentioned those, was because they, as with other words & phrases, are racist references, and because two of the first 3 posters to this OP's thread mentioned or hinted of racism. However, no one usually gets called out when racist overtones are used in reverse. It always seems to go only one way. My purpose of mentioning it was to call attention and remind folks that racism is not a one-way street. If condescending references were made to black male members as often as they are of white male and female members, here, you'd see flame wars going off regularly. A few of the regular white females (who I got to know during my first 3-4 years as a member here) specifically left because of the condescending remarks and references to white females. But to answer your question as to "is there any particular difference about who says it?" ... absolutely not, and that was my point. But, I don't think those comments or that article was implying that.
Just the way I see it ... Mac

ps ... check out this website for a few video discussions on racial dating. I'm sure you'll find them meaningful ...
http://themilwaukeedrum.com/2010/08/17/taboo-tuesday-jungle-fever-real-talk-from-sisters/

Last edited:
It was a great article and points out how caught up people get in thinking about stupid, unimportant things that leads to racism, classism, and any other -ism that leads to people making an ass of themselves. If we could just focus more on whats important and try to understand each other a little better, then there might not be as many problems.

Back